Installing OZx scenery in P3D 2.5

winpies

Wh==

5 hours ago, winpies said:

Had to remember to tick "Hybrid" as well on FTX Central. 

What do you mean Jeff ? If the OzX  stuff is installed over AU which is recommended, you don't need to check hybrid which is a function used for flights between Global and a fat region.

I am also sure that's what it is for and how I have used it in the past, so you are probably correct. I had installed all OZx and then positioned my plane at Parabadoo ( a place I knew was in Ozx) but it (the scenery) was't showing up properly.  The next time I turned my computer on, before I started P3D, I turned on Hybrid. Positioned my plane at Parabadoo again and it was all showing up correctly. Unless it was because I re-booted my computer? I will turn Hybrid off next time and see what happens. Ozx is at the top of the library. It is probably all due to the reboot and purely a coincidence. 

I find OZX to be much better on fsx. Most stuff works(98%) on p3d but a few do not. YBTL is broken for e.g and I mostly fly in FNQ :(

Also the tesselation is killing the textures in daylight.... Some libraries needs a recompile to be fully compatible, unfortunately most OZX developpers(some working here at orbx??) are long gone and the software has been unchanged for years now.

I just did a test and loaded P3D without Hybrid ticked and went back to Parabadoo and it did not load correctly. It had a green patch around the runway. Turned on Hybrid and it all looks perfect, Brown dirt everywhere. I will leave Hybrid ticked for the time being.

29 minutes ago, merlinux said:

I find OZX to be much better on fsx. Most stuff works(98%) on p3d but a few do not. YBTL is broken for e.g and I mostly fly in FNQ :(

Also the tesselation is killing the textures in daylight.... Some libraries needs a recompile to be fully compatible, unfortunately most OZX developpers(some working here at orbx??) are long gone and the software has been unchanged for years now.

Yeah it was originally designed for FSX. I had too many issues with FSX in the end so gave P3D a shot. All good so far. Still getting everything back to normal (scenery wise any way). Love flying around FNQ. Lived in Cairns for 20 years then Townsville for 5 before moving to Perth. Humidity is a killer though.

Paraburdoo : Is Oceania being selected as active in your FTX Central or are you in Global ? 

Townsville seems to have some terminal buildings missing indeed but no problem with the textures. Generally, I do not have major issues with OzX that I have seen in P3D but there are so many fields, can't be sure ! Is it a question of recompiling or to replace FS9 legacy buildings ?

Please report any adverse findings using P3D to the OZx support forum. Although the original developers may have moved on, it might be possible for some existing developers to fix the issues in the library. The hard part is finding the bits that need fixing. :)

1 hour ago, dominique said:

Paraburdoo : Is Oceania being selected as active in your FTX Central or are you in Global ? 

Townsville seems to have some terminal buildings missing indeed but no problem with the textures. Generally, I do not have major issues with OzX that I have seen in P3D but there are so many fields, can't be sure ! Is it a question of recompiling or to replace FS9 legacy buildings ?

Im pretty sure there are some libraries that needs recompiling, from reading the aussiex forums for the last few years.

And treetops I believe every active ozx developers is aware of the problem already... been here since p3d 2.0 was released. I develop programs myself and I know how hard it is to look at somebody else's work and fix it so it compiles correctly, especially after some 7 years or so.... I do not have high hopes of seeing a new release of ozx anytime soon...

1 hour ago, winpies said:

Yeah it was originally designed for FSX. I had too many issues with FSX in the end so gave P3D a shot. All good so far. Still getting everything back to normal (scenery wise any way). Love flying around FNQ. Lived in Cairns for 20 years then Townsville for 5 before moving to Perth. Humidity is a killer though.

ahah i actually love the humidity and heat. :) Im originally from new caledonia (also tropical) and I spent 10 years in sydney before moving to cairns 3 years ago... The cold made me move heh heh.

Archived