Lighting Issue - FSX Steam Edition

Hi all,

I'm really hoping someone out there can help me! :(

Ive had FSX:SE for while now and really enjoying it. So I thought to myself, "go on, treat yourself"

So I went and purchased REX 4 with Softclouds first and tried that out and loved what that did to it and thought to myself this could only get better! I then saw videos on youtube and comments here and other places saying how FTX Global and Vector make the game look amazing etc etc so I went and purchased them.

After going through the install of Global then Vector I was really really dissapointed to see black boxes appear where it looks like lights are suppose to be?

Ive taken screenshots and uploaded them.

I've done the classic Google search to see if there was anyone else having the problem, and there was... but from a while ago... and they were mentioning something about "Stevesfsx DX10 fixer..?"

I saw people say on here that they have these add ons installed and they all work so was wondering if there is something ive missed?

My apologies if this is something very simple and im being completely stupid.

Note: I ran FSX:SE in DX9 (unticked the DX10 Preview) and as far as I can tell they dont seem to appear. So im guessing it is a DX10 issue?

Many thanks in advance

Dan.

2015-12-03_00002.jpg

2015-12-03_00004.jpg

Hello Dan and welcome to the forum.

Thank you for the question and the answer to it.:)

You are quite right, the FTX lighting system does not work in Dx10 preview mode.

There are three ways to fix this, you have found the first, use the Dx9 mode.

Otherwise there is a freeware fix at the Avsim File Library

file name shader_release_v3.2.3.zip.

There is also a payware fix which you can find here

Hi Nick,

Thank you for the warm welcome. Glad I'm able to join the elite members who can help and advise a newbie like me.:D

Many thanks for your reply. I will look into this.

Hopefully I wont need to post on hear again (unless its to show off my screenshots) if I do it correctly.

All the best

P.S.-

Apologies for repeating an already known issue but I found myself pulling my hair out over this!

Archived