Update query after installing Vector

KevinJH

After installing Vector yesterday, which went well, I thought I'd update 77S & W16.  I therefore removed the two 'old' folders and accompanying script's etc. as per instructions  - something I've successfully done many, many times.  However, after unpacking both the aforementioned, on trying to install either/both I found that the pc now just 'hangs' indefinitely whereupon I have to then cease the action(s) via the Task Manager.   I've re-downloaded both files again only to go through the same actions.

I've checked through the Vector guide to see if I've missed anything but nothing's come out to hit me - so, any suggestions please ?  Would it be prudent to reinstall Vector - especially as everything was 10/10 before I installed that programme ? 

Appreciate any feedback ;)

As an update to my original post;  not having any feedback from Support so far, I've gone ahead and reinstalled Vector (successfully, I believe) but am now having a problem installing any Orbx p/ware 'fields.  I tried to load in another package only for the process of installation i.e. unpack, right click, Run as Admin., to be left hanging again - or, in the words of Win 7, programme "not responding".  I feel certain that something went awry during the original installation of Vector as up to that point all was running perfectly.

So, can someone please kindly point me in the right direction regarding the dodgy Vector install or, if it's felt by the Vector support guy's that there's an unpack/installation error that's potentially left a nasty somewhere, move this post to the appropriate support forum so that I can get the relevant eyes looking at it for a resolution ?

Again, much appreciate it ^_^     

Edit: what's interesting/odd about all this is that I could reinstall Vector - but not any other Orbx packages..... :blink:

I'm not sure what's happening there but there are one or two things to check.

That you have enough free space on your C drive for the unwrapper to unwrap the product into.

That you have disabled real time protection in any anti virus/malware/spyware software you may have.

That you have run the installers as an Administrator.

If none of these help, please come back to the topic.

I doubt very much that it is anything at all to do with Vector specifically.

Hi Nick - really appreciate you coming back on this.  Spookily, as you posted, I'd just found the resolution to the problem by going to the FSS Support Centre and it transpires it was my anti-virus programme blocking the other Orbx packages -  which doesn't make a lot of sense (to me, anyway......).  Begs the question why or how could I reinstall Vector but nowt else. Weird but hey, I don't care - s'all back to 'normal' :D

Thank-you v.m. again ^_^

Archived