Black Boxes

Hello all, 

I own FTX Global and purchased FTX Global Vector yesterday. After installing it some black cubes appeared on my scenery. I've searched all sorts of forums but can't find an answer on how to repair it. Does anyone have any ideas? 

Thanks, 

Jonathan 

Hi Jonathan,

Sounds to me very much like you are using DX10 preview mode in FSX, the black boxes are lights (light orbs) semi-transparent textures which don't display properly when using the dysfunctional FSX DX10 preview mode.

To fix it you will need to fly your sim in DX9 mode which means unchecking the Preview mode checkbox. Otherwise you will need to obtain the freeware version 3.2 of Steve Parsons DX10 Fixer or his latest Payware version with additional features, which will allow those black boxes to show as street light orbs.

You may find this topic interesting reading, click the link all will be explained, BTW the fixer is available again afaik just read the whole topic.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/81199-black-squares-in-directx-10-preview-mode/?do=findComment&comment=744535

Hello Jonathan and welcome to the forums.

Jeff has kindly answered the question for you, however would

you mind adding at least one order number to your signature.

This is a condition for receiving support for payware products.

Thank you.

(A Bing search for  "FTX products black squares" produces

almost 47 million results of which the very first gives the answer.

A search of these forums for "black boxes" produces 616 results.)

Archived