Tongass Fjords FSX Released

Jay Kae

Guest Private-Cowboy

Any idea if the area overlaps with FTX-PNW? Are there any issues to be expected if one plans on both?

Stunning scenery indeed, and I think best of all is that the technology Holger has developed with this comes right into Orbx products like FTX-PNW.  

I'm thinking the fact that many will own this package is an incentive for Orbx to cover the area, becuase I'm sure I'm not the only one who plans to collect Holgers whole project area of Tongass Fjords, Glacier Bay, and Misty Fjords, so naturally I'd have to buy FTX Alaska if it were made.

Here's a shot from one of the airports Bill created.  I'm sure his airport/s for PNW will be quite nice as well.  Again, I'm a collector of fine art, so I would buy 'em all. ;D  

Posted Image

It's really an amazing addon, it feels like a FTX + OzX combo for the Tongass area, brilliant!

I'm not sure a map for FTX PNW was ever shown, but I hope that it will actually complement well in a Tongass X + Misty Fjords X + FTX PNW continuum!

I don't know where to do my FsPX and Air Hauler runs now, between Oz, PNG, Kenya and the Tongass, too many choices! :P

textures,  landclass,  photoreal areas around the towns,  coasts, roads, a few airports (even some that didn't get "the full treatment" have upgrades from default) custom AI,  and naval AI (cruise ships,  ferries,  fishing boats,  and coast guard) isolated forest cabins and docks,  marine navigational lights, and rivers and lakes that freeze in the winter! (haven't tested that last part yet)  I have been a psycho fan of these scens since fs9 (and since Holger and Bill got involved here,  it's what got me into FTX)  The only real downer is that the other two aren't done yet.  (Misty Fjords and Glacier Bay) and that there's no adjoining FTX terrain to fly over! (yet)  FSAddon has a free download of the user manual on their site,  and that has all the details on what's included.

Guest Private-Cowboy

It's an all-in-one-package. Most of the 80.000km^2 are based on landclass with custom textures. Then there are photoreal settlements here and there. It's similar to ORBX where the airfields come with photoreal coverage. Tongass uses is here and there quite often but not for the entire area.

It's a great package and full of life with lots of Traffic everywhere. And a huge area to explore. And, that is rare, it's cheaper than the FS9-version was. At close-to-40-USD the TFX package offers nice bang for the buck.

Some impressions (if I may)...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Archived