Scenery.cfg error

guillaume78150

I'm not sure this is FTX related but it happened after FTX Global Base installation...

When now launching FSX (boxed, SP2"Acceleration" version), the below error message pops up "scenery.cfg file error. Non valid scenery path in the Area101 scenery"

(it's an approximate translation, my release is in french). I checked the scenery.cfg file, the "area 101" is the "Australia" one. However, after clicking "ok" to continue, FSX starts then normally. I did not notice anything wrong once started. For what it's worth, I backed up the original FSX scenery files.

Thanks in advance.

scenery.jpg.731cfe6a90484f563670cd7e07a9

Guillaume

I too have the same problem but it clearly stipulates an ORBX library missing  (ORBXFTX____AU\FTXAA__ORBXLIBS\SCENERY) not found.

I tried to change the line in the FSX Scenery.CFG from false to true, to no avail. It did not change anything. I think the file was somehow corrupt during downloading.

Being a French speaking Canadian, I could propably help other members with English/French translation and or vice/versa.

Etant un Canadien Francais, je pourrais aider nos membres avec la traduction Anglais/Francais et ou vice/versa.

ScreenShot002.jpg

Thanks guys. Unfortunately, in the meantime I tried to edit the scenery.cfg but it crashed the installation... My bad (there is several scenery.cfg and the one concerned is hidden...)

A (time consuming) full reinstallation later, everything runs fine...

Next time, I will wait for experts ! <_< 

Archived