Squared textures

Hi

I have FTX Global, vector, openLC, Europe and all of the UK installed. 

But I often (especially when flying at high altitude) get big squares of blurred scenery, or squares with massive streaks going through them, almost like my PC is trying to render them but can't for some reason. I have seen a thread where they talk about making a back up of the terrain.cfg and copying the one from the ORBX files into the main sim folder (in the case of the thread it was FSX. 

However I can't find the tarrain.cfg file in my Prepar3d folder (standard path except on a Z drive). The only one that comes up in the prepar3d file when I run a search for it is a 'backup restore' file. 

I have had to tone some settings down as I was still getting OOM errors with everything on full, but nothing is below half way on the sliders. 

I'm just about to do a flight. If I spot it again I will post a screenshot

Many thanks

Mark

Hi

I have FTX Global, vector, openLC, Europe and all of the UK installed. 

But I often (especially when flying at high altitude) get big squares of blurred scenery, or squares with massive streaks going through them, almost like my PC is trying to render them but can't for some reason. I have seen a thread where they talk about making a back up of the terrain.cfg and copying the one from the ORBX files into the main sim folder (in the case of the thread it was FSX. 

However I can't find the tarrain.cfg file in my Prepar3d folder (standard path except on a Z drive). The only one that comes up in the prepar3d file when I run a search for it is a 'backup restore' file. 

I have had to tone some settings down as I was still getting OOM errors with everything on full, but nothing is below half way on the sliders. 

I have installed UK night lights but other than that and ORBX there are no scenery add-ons

In this picture it the problem is visible behind the aircraft. 

Orbx squares.jpg

Many Thanks

Mark

Hi Mark,

if you're talking about the Aerosoft Night Environment series then that's what you're seeing in that screenshot as it has a photoreal layer that becomes active at night and suppresses all of the Orbx landclass ground textures, roads etc. Thus, you may want to ask your questions in their support forum; there may be tweaks or setup options that improve on the situation.

The active terrain.cfg for P3Dv3 is located in C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3. However, it's unlikely to be an issue here unless you also see major distortions (especially weird textures flipping back and forth) during daytime flights.

Cheers, Holger

Archived