FTX England - no powerlines / wind farms?

nshooter35

Hi

I have started trying to get together the most realistic VFR UK scenery I can - I have tried Gex X photographic scenery which was good - but too flat and no objects which made navigating difficult. I have since installed FTX England - which looks much better in terms of objects (I am not sure of how accurate it is compared to photoscenery?), and I have also installed UK2000 VFR airfields for england. 

My only issue at the moment is there are no power lines / wind farms showing - is this normal or do I need to purchase anything separate? The area that I fly has has a high density of windfarms / powerlines which are used for VFR flying. I have seen the UK Power Project which adds power lines / wind turbines - would you advice I use this on top of FTX?

I'd appreciate any other suggestions people have for making the most realistic VFR experience for flying in the UK - I fly in the north of the UK mainly. 

Many thanks

Hi there,

thanks for posting the order number. I assume you've installed the current libraries as per FTX ENG instructions and then started FTX Central v2 and select Europe and press Apply? Both windfarms and powerlines use custom objects from our libraries meaning they only display if those are installed: https://www.fullterrain.com/support#Orbxlibs

Cheers, Holger

Hi!

There are plenty of windfarms in the Themse Estuary for example. See attached screenshot from Google Earth showing the rough positions. I just checked with a fresh installation of both ENG and the libraries and can see them. Can't you see any of those?

Please check if the following file exists to see your installation went through as supposed:

FTX_EU_ENG_VFROffshore.BGL, which should be located in your ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_ENG_05_SCENERY\scenery folder.

Bests,
Sascha

screen.jpg

Archived