Christchurch Intl loading time is excessive

Jon Clarke

On SSD my loading time for Christchurch Int'l is almost 5 mins and at 6% for over 3 minutes. This compares to a loading time of less than 3 minutes for Auckland on exactly the same settings. Is there any reason why this is so? Auckland is a larger scenery I think than Christchurch regarding autogen buildings and airport. I get 25-30 at Auckland airport on the tarmac and around 19-20 at Christchurch. Is there a particular  bgl that is holding back the loading time and also effecting the FPS?

Hi

jjaycee1

I have an SSD running the operating system only and my Sim is loaded on an ordinary Hard Drive.

Here is my figures based on loading Christchurch on a Sim running P3D v2.5.

Time from hitting the button to load and passing the 6% figure - 20 seconds, time to completely load Christchurch 1 minute 31 seconds.

My FPS was between 40 and 58 while sitting on the runway.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards

Ian

Just a thought, what Sim are you using ?

Hi JFS. P3D 2.5. I know that the loading times vary a great deal on what addons we have. For example I use Global Ultimate which the system has to read prior to loading and that alone is 101GB. The loading time is also dependent on whether it is the first fire up of the day of the sim or whether you have run the sim then gone out of it to change Region. If i start with Oceana NZ for example and choose Milford Sound it loads quick, less than couple of minutes. If I then switch by "Go to airport" option and choose Christchurch it again loads quickly. It is if I choose Christchurch as the initial starting point I get the long load time. Again I know what to do if I want to load quickly and that is not to choose Christchurch ! I use Simstarter with a specific profile for Ocean so I will experiment and disable Global Ultimate from starting and just use the in built NZ mesh and see if that helps.

Archived