New Monitor Techy Question HDMI 50 Hz verses DP 60 Hz

LarryA

This may seem to be a silly question in order to get the longer DP rated cable must pay shipping + import tax of 30%. Cannot find a 6ft DP cable with a rating here. Saved my pennies and waited for 5+ months on the Computer Show and LG had a 40% discount on the Monitor.  

Just purchased a LG 34UC97-S Wide Screen monitor. With a 3440 x 1440 Native Resolution with a Refresh Rate @ 60Hz with the DP cable and 50Hz with a HDMI cable. Are all DP cables rated the same? Some of the DP cables state for a 4K Monitor and sound. Other DP cables do not specify any ratings?

Thank You

Larry    

Did you Google a bit for the DP cable? I found this link  http://www.displayport.org/cables/how-to-choose-a-displayport-cable-and-not-get-a-bad-one/ and maybe it helps a bit.

Do you have J.I.B. shops close to your location? https://www.jib.co.th/web/

Spirit

Yes we went to JBI, Banana, IT City at the computer show in Bangkok & Pantip Plaza. Found a few re packaged DP Cables (Copies) non certified made me nervous. Appreciate the links will do some more testing before making a decision to order or not to order a DP Cable. DP Cable version 1.3_32.4 GBPs & supports Pixel Resolutions up to 5120 x 2180. per the link you provided & not  all DP cables are created equal. Thank You Larry

Since the Display Port is a packet type protocol, is there any error correction?

Thank You Boleyd. Not sure? That is technology question that requires more knowledge than what I have so I cannot give you a honest answer. 

I wonder what the visual result is?

I did connect the HDMI Cable the one I have can transfer at 4Gbs. Did reduce the refresh rate from 60Hz to 50Hz. The refresh rate remained at 50 Hz. Visually speaking with FSX & Orbx did not notice any visual differences between the DP cable and HDMI. Did notice when viewing out side of the aircraft some textures where a bit blurry for a few seconds with the HDMI cable. Did not notice any blurry textrues with the DP Cable was not over the same area may effect the load on the CPU? The factory settings are done with a HDMI cable per the Factory Test Sheet RGB is 98%.. I think should use the DP cable a few days then try the HDMI for a few days or do a 10 hour flight with a complicated aircraft for testing?  

Thank You

Larry

Archived