Elevation Issues at FSX Stewart after update

nigelgrant

I have been away for several weeks but before I left I had downloaded the latest update for Stewart (CZST) and this had several elevation issues that were not there before the update.

There is a “waterfall†in the river upstream of the airport, water is climbing some of the river banks, there is a huge dyke across the end of the runway, I will try and attach pics of these anomalies.

I noticed Tom Schroeder had similar issues on the P3dv2 forum and I have noted the various suggested remedies, but none have worked for me.  The layering is in the correct order, there are no stray czst*.bgl files.  Changing to FTX Global did not change anything. There is no entry in the FTX Vector Configurator for czst – should there be?  I am using Direct X10 with Steve’s fixer.

Any suggestions?

Nigel
Vancouver

czst2.jpg
czst1.jpg
czst3.jpg

Hello Nigel,

sorry, I missed this post; hope you're doing well!

From your screenshots it looks as if the valley bottom terrain is higher than what PFJ contains and the CZST add-on relies on. That would indeed lead to those cliffs and steps where the airport and rivers are flattened.

Are you using any third-party terrain mesh add-on for southeastern Alaska / western Canada? If so, try deactivating its entry in the scenery library menu.

Vector doesn't alter the default elevation of CZST and thus its entry doesn't appear in the AEC menu.

Cheers, Holger

Yeah Rodi, thx for the tip - Port Stewart file was the culprit, don't know where it came from as my original installation of CZST worked fine.

Hi Holger, still in Sidney? I was there for a couple of nights in May it is a pretty spot.  I miss my periodic phone calls with Jon

cheers

Nigel

Archived