Pago Pago install problems

teisco

I changed my flight sim to drive D and now when trying to install Pago Pago it will not let me select D drive and insist on  installing in C drive. I have the registry path set to D drive for flightsim. Why do you not have the installer setup to browse to directory? 

Hi teisco,

The installer seeks out the location of your FSX (or P3D) using the information stored in your registry, if that info is wrong it wont find it.

Use the registry fix tool located here:

C:\Users\[uSER]\AppData\Local\Orbx\FTXCentral\RegistryFixTool.exe

Make sure your registry is pointing to the correct location for FSX

Yes I did use the registry fix tool and the path is correct for D but installer insist on C ...Shame you do not have a simple Browse feature in your installer..I had to make a fake FSX in my C drive and then manually install from there. 

The installer simply retrieves the info from your setup path in your registry. This is intentional as we want to ensure that the product is correctly installed. So if the installer is wanting to install to your C drive then that is what is in your registry.

Which FSX version are we talking about here? Boxed or Steam?

Guess I have to prove my registry path,,,here it is.

Image1_zpsc9nqvba3.jpg

Anyway please forget this I manually installed it anyway....much bigger problem is no object flow in P3D v3. See my other post here about that but basically I have installed Global, Current Libraies, and Pago Pago but no people flow...Dll is in proper place.

Anyway please forget this I manually installed it anyway....much bigger problem is no object flow in P3D v3. See my other post here about that but basically I have installed Global, Current Libraies, and Pago Pago but no people flow...Dll is in proper place.

When you click on the Get FSX Path button, please select "Look in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" and you will see it will most likely be pointing to your C location. Yours is reporting the CURRENT_USER setting.

Use the Set Path tab to create your path to FSX and remember to Set FSX Path when done.

Please don't assume I am stupid, I have been doing this for 20 years and work for several FSX developers. . Both places were checked and both registry areas had the same results as in the picture. My registry path to FSX in current user and local machine both point to drive "D"

Archived