FTX Global Vector

dutchkip

Hi there,

Just a question about something I noticed when running the global config tool.

When I open the tab Airport elevation corrections the simulator bar that's on the left of the Run Auto Configuration bar is greyed out and ALLWAYS pointing to Microsoft FSX.

I can not change the simulator for some reason and am wondering if I actualy am configuring anything at all in Prepar3d V3.

Shouln't I be able to change where and in what simulator I am configuring global vector?

Interesting I was just about to post the same question.  I have 3 simulator platforms installed.

1.  FSX - which used to have ORBX products installed, which have since been un-installed/deleted with only ORBX Trees installed.

2.  P3D v2.x  - has ORBX products (PNW, S43, KORS, 74S, KBVS, 0S9, 3W5, CEJ4, KHQM and AUS) installed excluding Vector, which instead is running UTX along side Global and other regions and airports.

3.  P3Dv3 - has Global, Vector, PNW, S43, KORS, 74S, KBVS, 0S9, 3W5, CEJ4, KHQM and AUS.

When I attempt to run Vector it shows/points to Microsoft Simulator ONLY (greyed out - and unable to select/change)

Just tested it again, while I have FSX and P3Dv3 installed on the same machine:

• run FTXCentral in FSX mode, opened from there the FTXVector configurator and it showed FSX grayed out
  • run FTXCentral in P3Dv3 mode, opened from there the FTXVector configurator and it showed P3D grayed out

So everything as expected and it is oviously not intended to make the FS selectable in the tool (maybe to avoid user errors).

Archived