Potential problem with objectflow.dll module (CTD)

salad

Having upgraded my desktop PC a couple of months ago, I reinstalled FSX (Gold/Acceleration) and the Orbx Freeware libraries (along with a few other addons such as Aerosoft's Airbus and some stuff from Simviation). Up until now, I have had no quarrels with the software (especially since it is free ^-^) and was very happy with the look it gives the sim.

However, about two weeks ago, the simulator started "acting up" i.e. it would become frozen (on the splash screen) for long periods of time and identify as "not responding", before crashing to desktop with no apparent warning. In my system's event viewer, it described the fault as being with "simprop.dll". This prompted me to do a complete repair of the simulator (both FSX discs + an Acceleration reinstall). It fixed the long load time.

Now, however, when I run the program, the splash screen appears and FSX apparently loads, but after about 30 seconds, the screen disappears along with a hastily flashed "verified publisher warning" (with the options Run or Don't Run) for the ObjectFlow.dll. This does not appear in the event viewer at all and in Task Manager view, the "task line" for FSX disappears at the same time, as if "the task" has been ended.

I've looked around countless other posts with similar issues on this and other forums but after following the steps suggested by other users, the problem still persists. Anyone know what's going on :?

-Alex

(P.S. have updated all libraries and drivers)

(system specs for those who care/need them)

Alienware X51, Windows 8.1, Intel i7-4770 Core 3.40 GHZ, 8.00GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 760 graphics card. (FSX Gold Edition w/ Acceleration + FTX Central and NA airports)

G'day Salad, Im not sure of the fix, I had the Object Flow dll appear

just before I could load my settings in FSX. I pressed run and my sim

wouldn't work telling me that FSX will now shut down.

From what I have learnt is don't

except the Object Flow .I ended up doing a  full FSX reinstall,

haven't done it since. :-[

cheers Gumby

G'day Salad, Im not sure of the fix, I had the Object Flow dll appear

just before I could load my settings in FSX. I pressed run and my sim

wouldn't work telling me that FSX will now shut down.

From what I have learnt is don't

except the Object Flow .I ended up doing a  full FSX reinstall,

haven't done it since. :-[

cheers Gumby

Thanks for the reply Gumby. Did the reinstall work? Just kinda reluctant to have to keep track of all my addons if it wont fix anything

-Salad

Did a full reinstall and fsx is working fine. Cheers for all the help mate - will reinstall the orbx stuff and see if that works (I imagine it will).

-salad

For future support could you please ensure you have one order number given as outlined here http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/1157-important-notice-please-add-your-order-to-your-sig-for-support/

Archived