High Praise

jmorvay1971

Last night, I started to reinstall add-ons that are approved  P3D V3 compatible, starting with ORBX's FTX Global (I know I am a little late to the party, blame it on a vacation to England).  That installed with no issues, in fact, it came with the updated FTX Central V2 (a welcome sight) and I had zero issues working with that.  When FTX Central V2 opened, i was greeted with a message that I needed to update the ORBX Library, which I did, via ORBX's website.  Downloaded it, installed it, no issue.  I even went one step further to check insertion points, which I found needed adjusted as i already UK2000's Manchester installed prior to FTX Global, so I made the adjustments there, no issue.  I fired up V3, performed a short flight from EGCC nad I had spectacular performance and agian, no issues to report (maybe for the lighting at the airport being rather dark, but that can be adjusted later, no worries).

After having a wonderful experience with V3, coupled with FTX Global, I splurged and bought two more UK2000 sceneries, Gatwick and Jersey.  I installed Gatwick last night, ran V3 again and had yet again a wonderful short flight, no issues whatsoever.  I got a little ahead of myself and after installing EGKK, I didn't go back into FTX Central to check insertion points, but there was no need as everything loaded properly and I had no conflicts.

I have yet to install Jersey, but I suspect the same end results.  I can't say enough good things about V3.  In fact, I noticed that the FTX Global lights lighting is a little more realistic...maybe it's just me, maybe the functionality and rendering of the lights in V3 is improved, but like I always say, I won't look this beautiful gifthorse in the mouth! :)

Finally, I want to thank John and his team for stepping up and releasing the updates.  They work PERFECTLY and I could not be happier.  I haven't checked to see if Vector is ready yet, but hey, no rush.  I am pleased as peaches!

-Jim

More than fine, ORBX seems to have set the bar for install ease.  Now that Global is installed, everything else will go very smooth.  I installed OpenLC EU last night and that went well.  The only bugger is downloading the full packages again but it's a small price to pay for free updates and I am very appreciative of ORBX's efforts.

-Jim

So far, so good.  I've updated FTX Global, FTX England and it looks great and works as it should.  Having all that installed into P3D v3, combined with ASN, I am getting a very realistic looking environment which is a joy to fly in.

-Jim

Archived