Registry fix tool

Hello,

I've installed the FTX Global 1.4 for V3, and installed the latest libraries, but when i run FTX central, it says no simulator found and takes me to the Registry fix tool, but the tool doesn't have an option to locate P3D V3. Why is that? and how can i solve it?

Thanks

Hello,

I've installed the FTX Global 1.4 for V3, and installed the latest libraries, but when i run FTX central, it says no simulator found and takes me to the Registry fix tool, but the tool doesn't have an option to locate P3D V3. Why is that? and how can i solve it?

Thanks

When you installed the global just give empty box click on it shose v3 ,redo the set up

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk

That's an odd problem you have there.

1. I have to assume that you installed Global by choosing "P3Dv3" as your sim on the Global installer, and when you did that, when you then clicked "Next" it showed you the directory it was going to install Global into, for e.g. D:\P3Dv3 or "C;\Lockheed Martin\P3Dv3 ?

2. It then installed Global?

3. You then installed FTXORBXLIBS_151001?

4. orbxlibs having installed FTX Central 2 successfully ?

5. You then opened up FTX Central 2 and that is when it said it could not find P3Dv3? Then it tells you to point to P3dv3 in the RegistryFixTool?

If the above info is a correct interpretation of what happened, then you should open the Regfixtool and it should show you a list of sims; FSX, FSX Steam, P3Dv1. P2Dv2 P3D v3. Are you saying that no P3Dv3 option is shown?

If that is so I would click on a P3D version that is shown and point it to the Drive and location that P3D sits. This a temp solution until ORBX rep advises you better. At least it will allow you to view your installed products in P3Dv3 when it opens, You do know that there is no details in Global for you to configure etc in Central, as all Global does is basically swap out the default textures in Scenery\world\Textures folder, that is why it asks you if you want a backup to be made. If you do not like the new textures you just select all the textures in the backup folder and replace them back into Scenery\World\Textures.

Sorry for the detailed response bu just wanted to make sure your problem was correctly interpreted and that you had followed the steps correctly as numbered 1-5 above.

That's an odd problem you have there.

1. I have to assume that you installed Global by choosing "P3Dv3" as your sim on the Global installer, and when you did that, when you then clicked "Next" it showed you the directory it was going to install Global into, for e.g. D:\P3Dv3 or "C;\Lockheed Martin\P3Dv3 ?

2. It then installed Global?

3. You then installed FTXORBXLIBS_151001?

4. orbxlibs having installed FTX Central 2 successfully ?

5. You then opened up FTX Central 2 and that is when it said it could not find P3Dv3? Then it tells you to point to P3dv3 in the RegistryFixTool?

If the above info is a correct interpretation of what happened, then you should open the Regfixtool and it should show you a list of sims; FSX, FSX Steam, P3Dv1. P2Dv2 P3D v3. Are you saying that no P3Dv3 option is shown?

If that is so I would click on a P3D version that is shown and point it to the Drive and location that P3D sits. This a temp solution until ORBX rep advises you better. At least it will allow you to view your installed products in P3Dv3 when it opens, You do know that there is no details in Global for you to configure etc in Central, as all Global does is basically swap out the default textures in Scenery\world\Textures folder, that is why it asks you if you want a backup to be made. If you do not like the new textures you just select all the textures in the backup folder and replace them back into Scenery\World\Textures.

Sorry for the detailed response bu just wanted to make sure your problem was correctly interpreted and that you had followed the steps correctly as numbered 1-5 above.

I did the exact steps you mentioned in order, but the FTX did not recognize P3D and pointed me to the registry fix tool, but there was no option to fix P3D V3 regietrty.. I asked some friends and they told me to select (fix P3D V2 registry) and point it to the V3 folder.. It worked and FTX installed an update after that. Now it works!! 

Archived