P3D v3, some tests over London (EGLL)

Nemex

I'm in the process off adding stuff to the brand new P3D v3 and thought I give a shot at OOM it :)

Success : none

It went to 200MB VAS remaining when I switched from 2048px textures to 4096px textures in sim. But it went right back up to 700MB remaining... wow.

Some shots, all sliders pretty much maxed. No AI traffic. Memory is holding, no OOM... FPS at single digits ;)

Scenery: ORBX England, Trees HD, Aerosoft Heathrow Extended + London City Airport

Mesh:FS Global Ultimate

Weather: Active Sky Next + Rex 4 incl. Soft Clouds

So far P3D v3 is very promising. It looks like I definitely will run into FPS problems before VAS problems now... Testing Airliners and long hauls next^^

15-10-01_P3Dv3_001.jpg

15-10-01_P3Dv3_002.jpg

15-10-01_P3Dv3_003.jpg

Great V3 shots...did the Orbx scenery install as normal in V3 or did you have to do something different to install it all?

Thx^^

I did domething different, by no means recommended^^ I plan to wipe P3D v3 after the official installers are done and redo it from scratch. Just couldn't sit still and wait ;)

How did you installed fs global ultimate? I'm getting error at the end. Also, what cpu and gpu you have? I'm asking because I'm seeing tremendous increase in FPS over London on my system.

I had it installed as part of v2 but on a seperate HDD. It's just a bunch off mesh bgls, so I added it manually to v3 scenery.

My specs: i7 4930k @4,4ghz, 2x Gigabyte G1 GTX980 SLI, triple screen 7830x1440px

London was pretty much my biggest OOM hotspot in v2, now I can run still high settings with good fps and no oom :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived