Don't do this.

Dadtom65

Hi all. I fancied a go on some of my old games, Brothers in arms, remember. One whent on ok the other one, we'll ended up I had to reset Windows, no other way past it. Now my FSX is still on my Ssd drive but has dissapeard from the C drive. Oh for a back up, I will learn. Any body any ideas how to get it back onto the C drive without a complete reinstall. Thanks for any help. Derek.

Hi. Have run two items in the FSX folder, DVD check, nothing, FSX Application, comes up with box saying the application has failed to start because it's side by side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command- line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail. At the top of that it's got big Red Cross G:\FSX\fsx.exe. Saying that it's missing I guess. Derek.

Hi. Just tried with the application one on the toolbar and same as above. So looks like the FSX.exe is missing from the folder. How about if I tried to repair it. Do I use the Acceleration disc or the FSX disc. Think tried this before for another problem and didn't work FSX discs might have had it.

Right so if the registration entries have been deleted, I can perhaps delete all the stuff on my FSX drive and install the Steam version ?. Might give the discs one more go. Dam. Another install. Derek.

Hi. Right just in case, how do I make sure FSX is deleted from Steam. Gina give the discs another go. Do I just delete local content or is there other places need doing as well. All this just to play a dam old game.

Hi. Just tried to install FSX with the discs and it came up with a folder Microsoft visual C+ + 2005 redistributable. That folder is invalid. Please make sure the folder exists and is writable. Did this before but I carried on and it seemed ok but at the end then came with some thing about fonts and failed to install. Any one any ideas. This is beginning to look like a full Windows reinstall. Derek.

Sorry forgot besides the fonts it all so came up with error - 1603 fatal error during install.

Archived