KTVL Missing buildings

FlexFlier

Misha suggested starting a new topic even though there are already a number of threads on this issue.

I have the same problem as many others at KTVL: no buildings, only a few scattered pieces of ground equipment. I think I've tried everything in the various threads on this issue but with no success...

• reinstalled KTVL twice;

• reinstalled most recent libraries, twice;

• set mesh to 5m or less;

• set density to Extreme (my system is quite strong and can handle it except in large urban areas);

• switched FTX Central v2 from North America to Global and back to North America, twice;

• confirmed that ground shadows are unchecked;

• confirmed that KTVL sits above Global, Vector and openLC in Scenery.cfg file.

The countryside is beautifully rendered and I very much want to fly there; any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

~Michael

FSS0328797

Hi Michael,

Thanks for that. Could you please go into your FSX folder, and then ORBX/FTX_AU/FTX_AA_ORBXLIBS/Scenery and right click on the ObjectFlow.dll file, then go to properties, and the 'details' tab. Could you let me know what file version you are running?

The latest should be 1.0.10.3

Cheers

Hi Michael,

Ok, could you try running the ModuleInstaller.exe (it's in the same folder as the DLL) and installing the module into FSX? You should get a prompt once you start up FSX again to run the dll, make sure you accept this.

Cheers

Thank you, Misha...it worked!!! And, it is as beautiful as I could ever have hoped.

So, a question: could running ModuleInstaller.exe potentially fix other problems, such as sunken runways or parking areas, etc.? In other words, is it a "global" fix I should try before submitting a ticket on a forum? I don't know of any other issues right now but I would certainly try everything possible before asking for more help from you developers. I'd like to leave you be to keep cranking out all those wonderful places for me to visit.

Hi Michael,

Glad to hear it worked!

Since now it works, it should not stop working in the future, however if you do ever encounter problems such as missing buildings and 3D objects, it is worth trying. Any other problems such as sunken runways won't be affected.

However, the one thing I would recommend always doing when you encounter problems is simply reinstalling ORBXLIBS. That will usually fix 90% of problems, but if it doesn't, feel free to ask here as we're always happy to help :)

Cheers

• 8 months later...

Archived