AYPY Enhanced airports have asphalt runway instead of gravel?

Matze

Hi,

I'm really enjoying flying in PNG. I am aware that the 'enhanced airports' are just no detailed representations, however looking at the GoogleEarth KMZ file,I found that there are many airports described having a gravel runways (take Tari, AYTA for example), while in FS they have asphalt.. was it wrong labeling in the KMZ file, or has it other reasons why it was done that way?

Regards,

Matthias

• 2 weeks later...

Any news?

And by the way.. Are there any more addons planned in PNG? It's just an amazing place to fly. Flying there now nearly exclusive with the PIS addons and AYPY. And vector and global make this really come to life!

Hi Matze, sorry forgot about this one

Had a check and yes some are inconsistent to the labeling in the KML, Graham programmed all the enhanced strips as well as the AI that goes into them, so I'm sure there's a good reason for the type of surface chosen

One problem with some of these strips though is a lack of accurate/up to date info, plus some have also experienced rapid improvements due to mining operations etc

Yes we do have more planned here, we are currently working on one atm which will fit nicely in with the AYPY package, stay tuned

Archived