terrain issue around norman wells ( cyvq)

acer

Hi

I installed the freeware airport cyvq and did a flight down the mackenzie valley to  yellowknife and in doing so noticed these terrain issues ,kinda messes up the landscape... so was just wondering if anybody else is seeing what I am seing in the photos.  I did disable the the vector cvx folder in lib and fixed the issue...but could be more to it than that

thanks

Terry

OWNER-PC-2015-sep-17-002.jpg

OWNER-PC-2015-sep-17-004.jpg

OWNER-PC-2015-sep-17-007.jpg

OWNER-PC-2015-sep-17-003.jpg

OWNER-PC-2015-sep-17-001.jpg

Not sure what is causing the airport problem or what airport this is. There are some problems with lake elevations around the Mackenzie Valley area. I fixed the immediate airport areas. If you have a good terrain mesh it should be OK. Vector sets the lake elevations to match the mesh. As Said I do not recognize the airport shown in the photos and it is not one of the freeware airports.

Larry.

Hi Guys

thanks for your responses, the only airport that is Orbx freeware  is  norman wells cyvq ,which is ok, its the surrouding area thats messed up and yes czfn is the default fsx airport and wasnt so much concerned about it as the surrounding areas. as was just showing it and furthur south for reference  in the mackenzie valley to ft simpson etc.I have FsGenesis installed ..havent noticed any other location that is messed like this...I checked all my lib insertions and all are in correct order from what I can see.

Larry, yes that is mostly the problem with lake elavations , so you said you fixed the lake elevation in the valley,is this for a future update..

thats strange Nick as I sent the photo to a friend of mine and he is seeing the same  in the valley... maybe all it needs is Larry's fixes

Terry

I fixed the lakes in the area surrounding the freeware airports. Outside of the airport areas the problem still exists. Holger posted some shots on another topic that show the area with Pilots Mesh and the elevations look OK so that would probably fix the problem. I don't have mesh so I fixed the immediate airport areas for those who don't .

Larry

Hi Nick

I finally found where fsg put their files ,located inside the base folders and removed said files and it fixed the problem , almost except for a few lake elevation issues which Larry probably was talking about.

Will maybe look into getting a better terrain mesh

Thanks for your assistance

Terry

Archived