Graphic Spikes

NilsH

Hallo Orbx Team,

what can i do against these grsphic spikes anomalies. It´s defintely not my graphic card.

I have an titan x with 12 gb ram, If the autogen is high i see these spikes.

Please help. I dont know what to do.

Thank you very much.

BR

Dennis

Hi Bermuda,

These flashing lines are so fast that its impossible to make a screenshot of this. It´s like a autogen Flash from sky to ground. I could post a link to YouTube Video where this Spikes occurs.

If this is allowed in this forum. Yesterday i deleted my prepar3d.cfg to let the program create a new Default one. My autogen buildings and trees and scenery is set to normal.

In this state i don´t get a spike. If I increase them to extremly dense or very dense i get these spikes again. Mostly I read in the Internet that these Spikes occurs because of a heavy gpu load. I really cant belive this. I upgraded my graphic card from a Geforce 960 to a Geforce Titan and I don´s see really differences. With differences I mean. With this better graphic card these spikes have to gone. Or appear on more higher settings. But ist still the same.

I also tried yesterday to disable FS Global 2010 and for an half an hour under extremly dense Settings I thought the Spikes are gone. They were not but I realise they doesn´t appear so often. So could i really be that I should let the autogen scenery, trees and buildings on normal. I read in the LM Forum that these are bugs. Are these really bugs? Does anybody from you had these probs? Maybe ist not ok to set the Settings in prepar3d too high. When I fly in Pago Pago these spikes doesnt appear. Maybe because there are not so many autogen objects. I fly most of the time in open lc europe.

Thanks & BR

Dennis

Hallo Orbx Team,

what can i do against these grsphic spikes anomalies. It´s defintely not my graphic card.

I have an titan x with 12 gb ram, If the autogen is high i see these spikes.

Please help. I dont know what to do.

Thank you very much.

BR

Dennis

Hi Dennis

As far as I can tell from your posts, what you describe looks like a known bug in P3D. When the building autogen slider is full right and even if your graphic card is below maximum use, P3D generates artifacts looking like flashing vertical spikes. The denser the overflown urban area, the more spikes you've. It has been acknowledged by LM, something related to a flaw in the batch processing of the building autogen, if I remember well. The vegetation autogen is OK.

The only thing to do is to put this slider back two notches, you'll still have more autogen than in FSX and the spikes will become rare to non existent.

Archived