Open LC NA Alaska/Canada - disable or uninstall help

Stofvel

I recently purchased Open LC NA Alaska/Canada and am quite disappointed with the result. I sim fly a variety of aircraft including GA and helicopters, in doing so, I use landmarks such as roads, lakes rivers etc for location identification. 

I realise the inherent limitations of FSX but as noted through Orbx purchases (below) have gone to some length to at least provide some accuracy. Post installing, Open LC NA, it appears that in an effort to vary the terrain, particularly in urban areas large and small (ie: Ottawa, ON, Toronto, ON, Brockville, ON, Can) I noted several display issues including overlapping roads, roads crossing buildings, and a host of other display issues that appear with greater frequency than without the Open LC NA add-on. In some cases the immediate area (1 km) surrounding some airports is more accurate but, overall the result is far less than satisfactory.  In viewing the promotional pictures for the product - few if any of these inaccuracies were apparent.

As noted  (below) I am quite happy with most of the Orbx products purchased, in particular with the Vector and Jarrad Marshal airports series - amazing.

I would like to disable or uninstall Open LC NA without affecting my previously installed products. If you could provide some instruction or a link to same?

Much appreciated.

Stofvel

Installed Orbx Products

GLOBAL

FTX Global Base Pack FTX GLOBAL BASE PACK - Version 1.30 September 2014

FTX Global openLC NA Alaska/Canada FTX openLC North America Alaska/Canada Version 1.00 - August 2015

FTX Global Vector FTX GLOBAL VECTOR PACK - Version 1.20 October 2014

REGION

Northern California FTX NA NCA Northern California V1.10 Patch 001 June 2014

Pacific Northwest FTX NA PNW PACIFIC NORTHWEST V1.0 PATCH 008 February 2014

AIRPORT

7WA3 FTX NA 7WA3 West Wind Airfield Version 1.00

CEJ4 FTX CAN CEJ4 CLARESHOLM INDUSTRIAL VERSION 2.00

CEN4 FTX CAN CEN4 HIGH RIVER REGIONAL AIRPORT VERSION 2.10

CYSE FTX AA CYSE SQUAMISH AIRPORT V1.00 JUNE 2014

KHQM FTX NA KHQM BOWERMAN AIRPORT VERSION 1.0

KMRY FTX US KMRY Monterey Regional Airport Version 1.1 August 2015

KPSP FTX US Palm Springs Intl Airport Version 1.0 - November 2014

OTHER

Europe Freeware Packs FTX GLOBAL FREEWARE AIRPORTS EUROPE PACKS 1 to 8 - March 2015

FTX Trees HD FTX TREES HD VERSION 1.00 APRIL 2015

North America Freeware Packs FTX Global Freeware Airports North & South America - September 2015

North American AI Traffic FTX NA GA AI Traffic V1.20 March 2014

Orbx Libraries FTX AA ORBX LIBRARIES VER 150815 15th AUGUST 2015

UNCATEGORISED

BOB First Person Mode ORBX FTX BOB FIRST PERSON MODE VERSION 1.1 JULY 2010

FTX_GLOBAL_FREEWARE_EU1 FTX GLOBAL FREEWARE AIRPORTS EUROPE PACK 1 - March 2014

FTX_GLOBAL_FREEWARE_EU2 FTX GLOBAL FREEWARE AIRPORTS EUROPE PACK 2 - April 2014

FTX_GLOBAL_FREEWARE_EU3 FTX GLOBAL FREEWARE AIRPORTS EUROPE PACK 3 - June 2014

FTX_GLOBAL_FREEWARE_EU4 FTX GLOBAL FREEWARE AIRPORTS EUROPE PACK 4 - July 2014

FTX_GLOBAL_FREEWARE_EU5 FTX GLOBAL FREEWARE AIRPORTS EUROPE PACK 5 - September 2014

FTX_GLOBAL_FREEWARE_EU6 FTX GLOBAL FREEWARE AIRPORTS EUROPE PACK 6 - October 2014

FTX_NA_CBB7 FTX CA CBB7 TIPELLA  AIRPORT 1.00 JULY 2013

FTX_OLC_AA FTX openLC Base Region Version 1.10 - September 2013

FTX_OLC_EU1 FTX openLC Europe Region 1 (Baltics Demo) Version 1.10 - September 2013

FTX_OLC_NA1 FTX openLC North America Region 1 Version 1.00 - September 2013

Thanks Neptune for your help - but I really need specifics - it appears you are using P3D and there may be little or no difference - but I am using FSX. 

I opened FTX Central 2 and took two screen shots of the Library Insertion Point (the top and bottom). I assume this is the area I should be working in to prioritize which files come first. I understand that the Open LC NA files should be at a lower priority but can't be sure what files go where and I don't have time to experiment.

The product was purchased as a ready for use program and the prioritization should have been included in the install process.

The people at Orbx are usually very good at releasing fully functioning products - until this.

Could someone please look at the jpg links and tell me what files go where or if a patch is available which resolves this.

Here are the links:

links to my Orbx Library Insertion Point Screen Pics:

Bottom

And many thanks Neptune for your help in this, and anyone who can provide a solution - I do appreciate the help -including un-installing or disabling Open LC NA without affecting previous installations.

Stofvel

Hi Stofvel,

your scenery library order is correct; the FTX block (represented by the orange "FTX" marker) needs to be above the ORBX!OPENLC_ entries, as explained in the openLC NA manual, p10.

OpenLC NA Alaska/Canada is completely self-contained in the ORBX!OPENLC_NAMERICA2 entry. Thus, you can temporarily deactivate it via its checkbox in the scenery library menu.

To uninstall, delete that entry from the menu, then shut down FSX and delete the following:

1. the entire "OLC_NA2" folder in {FSX}\ORBX\FTX_OLC

2. the file "openlc_lib_na2.txt" in {FSX}\ORBX\Scripts

3. the file "FTX_OLC_NA2.TXT" in {FSX}\ORBX\User Documents\Versions

Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger,

Thanks for confirming that my scenery library order is correct and the Open LC NA un-install instructs. I have temporarily disabled ORBX!OPENLC_NAMERICA2 in the scenery Library menu.

I will have a look at this again post updates

Appreciated.

Stofvel

Archived