Post Updating and New Installs - Water gone again

paulrunge

I just updated KJAC and KTVL, purchased and installed FTX OpenLC North America-Canada-Alaska without incident.  Ran AEC and applied, reset to FTX Global.  I have lost the ocean from around 40 miles north of PAJN to PAWG.  Oddly  the PAJN payware looks just fine, but goes dry around 10 miles south.  This happens often when I buy and install new FTX pieces (I almost have them all now!!).  Pretty sure the rest of the world is okay.

Can you kindly help me get things back in synch?

Thanks.

P

Hi Paul,

No worries, if suddenly your water turns to land then it is likely that the terrain.cfg is missing entries or has been corrupted. First step you'll want to take is just to switch regions back to Global (or default) and then back to NA to try and re-insert the entries. If that does not work then try the steps outlined here to repair a corrupt terrain.cfg:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/79004-resolving-rapid-ground-texture-morphing/

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Alex

Alex - I tried toggling back and forth and re-checking FSX.  No luck. 

Holger's steps are a little tough to follow, but I think I did it correctly (copy Terrain.cfg to desktop - copy it back to FSX (overwirte) - back to FTX central for some auto configuration and elevation corrections - a little more toggling/Apply - No Effect.  I am now trying re-installing Tongas Fjords as I think the problem is restricted to that area of coverage, but no way of telling.  PANC and LHD SPB area seem okay.

Doug - I have been defaulting to using FTX Global in Hybrid Mode and it worked well until yesterday.  I tried turning Hybrid off - no effect.  I should be using FTX Global not North America - yes?

Still need some help guys?

Thanks.

Paul

You just need to apply FTX Global initially to enable the OpenLC NA AK install, then you should be able to switch to you NA region and still be good....IMO switching regions is just a nuisance so I just run exclusively in hybid mode...

Where are your OpenLC entries in your scenery library? Your scenery library order should look something like this:

3rd Party Scenery (Any scenery you wish to display above Orbx FTX scenery)

OZX Scenery (Freeware designed to fit with FTX Regional software)

FTX Full Regional Scenery & Airports

Tongass Fjords (Fills the gap between Southern Alaska and Pacific Fjords Regions)

FTX OpenLC Scenery

Named Default Scenery Entries

FSGlobal 2010 Entries

FTX Global Vector Entries (OBJ, APT, CVX, EXX)

Numbered Default Scenery Entries

FTX Global Vector Entry (AEC)

"Default Scenery"

"Default Terrain"

Archived