Missing Roads and Railways across NA

mnowinski

I have been noticing a lot of missing roads and railways all across NA.  I have the most current updates on all Orbx files.  What does appear is all of the autogened vehicle traffic, just no road textures or railway textures.  My Orbx FTX Global Configuration program options are turned on for ALL options.

I do NOT use any other third-party addon scenery textures, (REX etc).  All of my scenery is Orbx.  i have filed a Troubleshooting report (ot0cee6d079d29cc55b03323ddfaf7d195) if anyone needs it at Orbx.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

Follow up.......just went over the FTX Insertion Point instructions, and while they are different than the current "Insertion Point" program, I tried numerous changes without any success..

So now, I'm just at a loss as to what to look at next.

Hi again Mike,

I'm terrible at trouble shooting or I would have suggested where to look.  You said you see the traffic but not the roads, that would lead me to believe the problem is a Vector road texture file is missing.

Perhaps a reinstall of Vector is in order.  Sorry I can't be more help than that.

Cheers, Neil

Neil,

Good news, I think.  I reinstalled all 3 of the Vector files, ran the Airport Auto-Config, checked all of Vector scenery options (Roads,RRs' etc) and set FTX Central to FTX Global....no change. :-[

Kept trying things with no luck...UNTIL...I set FTX Central to North America and it worked.   ::)  This seemed strange as all of my testing was on the East Coast where there are no ORBX add-ons, except freeware airports.

So, if you know anything about FTX Central and it's settings, any idea why it wouldn't work with it set to FTX Global?

Regardless, everything is back to normal as long as I don't set FTX Central to FTX Global.

Thanks for you help.

Neil,

Good news, I think.  I reinstalled all 3 of the Vector files, ran the Airport Auto-Config, checked all of Vector scenery options (Roads,RRs' etc) and set FTX Central to FTX Global....no change. :-[

Kept trying things with no luck...UNTIL...I set FTX Central to North America and it worked.   ::)  This seemed strange as all of my testing was on the East Coast where there are no ORBX add-ons, except freeware airports.

So, if you know anything about FTX Central and it's settings, any idea why it wouldn't work with it set to FTX Global?

Regardless, everything is back to normal as long as I don't set FTX Central to FTX Global.

Thanks for you help.

Quick question for you:  When you ran the Vector AEC utility, what region was FTX Central set to?  You say you set FTX Central to FTX Global after you ran the AEC utility, but what was it set to before you ran the AEC?  If it was set to North America, then that's why things worked when you later set FTX Central to NA.  Just a thought....

Stew

Hi again Mike.

It would have been interesting to know if you "applied" Global after the Vector reinstall.  If you had it set on Global but didn't "apply" it it might have left some files out of sync.  When you switched to NA you "applied" it as part of the process and then the roads showed up.  Anyway it's always a good policy to "apply" your active group anytime you install a major install like Global, Vector or a "region", even updates.  It only takes a moment.

Cheers, Neil

Stew and Neil,

While I can't swear (if I did) to it, I'm pretty sure I set the Active area to Global before running the Vector updates.  I know I did so yesterday and also selected the "Apply" option.

Yesterday evening,, while talking with some fellow simmers online, we found that my Scenery order was incorrect.  Ths FTX item was in the wrong place.  I normally don't ever change that after installing new products, but for some reason the last update moved the FTX selection to a "Higher" location in the scenery order list.   After moving the LC files and the FTX selection below all of my own add-on scenery bit's and pieces, everything fell back into place.  Everything looks correct now with the roads appearing correctly using the Global Area scenery setting as well as all of the other scenery area selections..

Thanks again for your patience and help.

Mike

Glad you got it sorted, Mike.  Yeah, after installing the Open LC NA Canada/Alaska, the installer changes the location of the Open LC entries.  You have to move them back to where they belong.  Is that what happened?

Stew

It appears so Stew.  That caused the FTX files to be bumped around as well.

Archived