Anyone using FTX Vector with FSX default mesh ?

Mikelab6

I have default Fsx USA mesh at 38m and have no problems.

I don't either...

Thanks to reply Glenn and Ken.  So you don't see airports on plateaus ?

The main areas I fly is USA and Canada, and I would like to avoid seeing walls (or plateaus) at end of some runways.

I already understand the fact that FSX airports are all on flat surfaces and Microsoft builds scenery around (tweaks true elevations), and installing a mesh product with true elevations will show us those problems.

From "Vector's User Guide" :

"The most important thing to remember is that Vector corrects all airport elevations to their real-world elevations. This

means if the mesh you are using is not accurate, you may see plateaus or trenches at airports. The best way to

solve this issue is to invest in a global mesh product that provides the most accuracy."

Is there a way to tell Vector to avoid correcting all airports to their real-world elevations and stay with default ones ? As I said, I would like to avoid seeing walls (or plateaus) at end of some runways.

I am wondering what will be the negative impacts Vector will have with FSX default mesh. For Canada and USA, default mesh are not so bad but for others countries it may be worst.  Are some water surfaces on cliffs or anything that kind outside USA and Canada ?

Hi Mike,

here are two recent examples of display issues with Vector when relying on the default mesh: 

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/102414-alsaksacanada-open-lc-water-mountains/

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/102356-geographical-representation/

I don't think it's possible to not use Vector's airports (most of which don't have their base elevations changed, btw). The Vector exclude files cover the entire globe -- it wouldn't be possible to somehow work around 24,500 airports -- and thus one needs the Vector airport files to rebuild the grass or dirt background polygons and associated flattens.

Cheers, Holger

Archived