dll.xml corrupt when updating KJAK

wwittkoff

Central 2 advised that kjak needed to be updated and to go to the flightsim store to do that.   I re-downloaded the file and started normal installation.   It gave a notice that my dll.xml was corrupt and asked if to place a new one (which would not have the needed instructions for all the other modules I have).  I said no and got out of it.  

Surprised this has not occurred or reported yet as I have never seen this before and I have tons payware installed with respective modules.    Since this i my first posting I don't have the order number in my signature so here it is:  Order #FSS0362971

I have looked at the file to see two common issues were not involved, the lack of Line feed and truncation.   Not the case here.  I hate to pay around too much because my FSX has been running great now with all my addons; including the familiar ones that are known to give problems unless things are perfect.   

Assistance welcome.    

Thanks for quick feedback and for putting the link for previouse talk on this. I'm not sure why it did not show up when I did a forum search for dll.xml. Must be user error...me.

I have done a quick read of the solution and I must say it is a bit unclear to me but will study carefully the solution. Are you saying just select"no" and continue install and aside from some unecessary instructions in the dll.xml file, all,will be fine?

One reason I have gone from other scenery developers to orbx exclusevily, besides the great work, was because of the many sucessful problem free packages I have purchased that all play nicely). Even through the center upgrades, things worked. I have about 15 plus.

I realize the complexity of such advanced packages and cross my fingers that we keep from having to do manuel complex tweeks in code.

Keep up the good work, going to check out kege

best regards.

Back again to close this out,

My case, and one that seems very common is the missing line at the end of code in the dll.xml file. Notepadd++ (and instructions referenced in chat on link), I added the line and attepted the instal again and all worked great!

From my standpoint I can't stress how glad I was that I selected "no" when asked about this and did some research on this. While selecting yes would not have been the end of the real world. : ), it would be close to the end of the fsx virtual world for me (trying to get modules for all addons to work again...if a backup of the dll.xml was not to be made or found.. wow).

Thanks Orbx and forum members for getting to the bottom of this.

Archived