Raw Product

}SkOrPn--7

Most of the screenshots taken have been full of bling with weather engines and cloud textures,sky textures,sun textures that have all come from third party programs so to strip away all the bling I installed a fresh copy of the following on my third backup PC that I just reformated to show what a raw default and raw FTX would look like so there is a good comparision without all the other programs making screenshots hit a new level of wow factor........

XP Pro

FSX Delux SP2

FSX FS Global 2008

FSX Shockwave 3D Lights Redux

There has been no tweaking of graphics drivers nor any tweaking of files within FSX they are all defaut except for the above but then they also are just straight out installs with no tweaking. The below images gives you an idea of the settings and "Traffic tab" has been disabled and all screenshots were taken at 3500 feet in summer/day time settings

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

FSX Default

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

FTX Default

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

So any body wanting too know how much of an improvement there is minus all the bling on a none gaming rig then this gives a fair example of the improvement.

Congrats to the ORBX Team for the sucessful launch and mind you I held off buying while the rush was on thinking to buy next week but couldn't resist so I just bit the bullet and sorry to hear about all those that had problems my purchase/install was flawless.

Hi }SkOrPn--7,

that's an intersting comparison but it only compares one aspect of FTX, that is the ground textures and land class. In other words you're actually not showing a lot of the "bling" that FTX includes but default does not, like:

* detailed ocean shorelines and rivers

* detailed roads with custom textures

* custom road autogen annotation

* road traffic on all paved roads

* custom autogen objects and textures

* custom city buildings

* 3D lights

* new seasons file

* a bunch more smaller details

Cheers, Holger

Yea, the stuff in FTX is wild.  I crashed when I was landing this morning, looking out the window, and not looking at the groud rushing up.  Still cant get over what a differnece FTX makes.  Loved the mission you setup, brilant stuff all the way around.  :o

Hi }SkOrPn--7,

that's an intersting comparison but it only compares one aspect of FTX, that is the ground textures and land class. In other words you're actually not showing a lot of the "bling" that FTX includes but default does not, like:

* custom city buildings

* 3D lights

* new seasons file

Cheers, Holger

Your right but I was just wanting to show both default FSX and FTX in there default so folks that haven't got FSX or rigs are hard pressed to up the bling can see how much of an improvement thing are. Lets face most people only wish to show things in all there glory/bling but I also think it's inportant to remove much of that and see improvement as with FTX over old. I know many folks wishing to get FSX but when they keep seeing everything maxed out with all third party payware they crumble and back away when if they could see this in basic form and still get the wow factor maybe another sale has been dilivered.

Yeah Uhu_Fledermaus I too buckled and couldn't wait any longer so I tok a dive and went back on my original word. I'm sure I maxed out your download limit speed because mine just roared down.  ;D

Hi Holger,I noticed flying around Adelaide and Melbourn that the roads and train tracks don't have much detail added,

very bland looking.

I set it up per the FTX AU BLUE User Guide.

How do you set it up to get what you are talking about below.

* custom city buildings

* 3D lights

* new seasons file

Cheers, Holger

Cheers....

JohnG....

Hi John,

if you mean that the textures themselves don't show much detail then try moving the texture resolution slider all the way to 7cm. The ground textures will remain at 1-m resolution but the vector textures (roads, railroads, shorelines, etc.) are all in 7-cm resolution. That's actually not specific to FTX it's just the way the vector textures are coded. However, FT does provide custom textures for roads and railroads. Also, you should see trees lining roads outside the cities and light masts (with light effects at night) along main urban roads.

If that's not what you meant please post a sample screenshot in the support forum.

Cheers, Holger

Archived