Iceland Demo part of another bundle?

DLlasa

Sorry if this is the wrong area, i was sure where to post it.

Im new to FTX, i have just purchased FTX Global and Vector recently.

I saw there was a Demo for Iceland, and while i plan to try that, i did not see a purchase option for the Iceland scenery. I checked the EU sceneries and it didn't seem to be included, but i cloud be wrong.

In short in order to reduce conflicts by going to aerosoft Iceland X and such, is there an Orbx or FTX (Not sure which is appropriate) bundle or scenery pack that includes the full detail of Iceland?

Hi there,

technically speaking the Iceland Demo is meant to be a showcase of the combination of our Global family of products: Global Base (ground textures and autogen), Vector (road network, shorelines, airport corrections, etc,), and openLC (landclass), plus terrain mesh. Having said that the entire set of the Iceland demo files is included with openLC Europe: https://www.fullterrain.com/product/ftxgolceu 

Cheers, Holger 

Hi Holger,

It seems that link you provided is not leading to the intended page. I'm transferring to DLlasa.

@DLlasa: Use please this link to access openLC where Iceland is complete: https://fullterrain.com/product/ftxgolceu

Sorry if this is the wrong area, i was sure where to post it.

Im new to FTX, i have just purchased FTX Global and Vector recently.

I saw there was a Demo for Iceland, and while i plan to try that, i did not see a purchase option for the Iceland scenery. I checked the EU sceneries and it didn't seem to be included, but i cloud be wrong.

In short in order to reduce conflicts by going to aerosoft Iceland X and such, is there an Orbx or FTX (Not sure which is appropriate) bundle or scenery pack that includes the full detail of Iceland?

Hi there,

technically speaking the Iceland Demo is meant to be a showcase of the combination of our Global family of products: Global Base (ground textures and autogen), Vector (road network, shorelines, airport corrections, etc,), and openLC (landclass), plus terrain mesh. Having said that the entire set of the Iceland demo files is included with openLC Europe: https://www.fullterrain.com/product/ftxgolceu 

Cheers, Holger 

Voyager

great thanks guys. so OpenLC EU will have Iceland covered, thats great news, thanks for that.

So OpenLC EU covers a huge area of Europe. 

Again forgive me for being new, im just trying to understand the progression of products

So if i get OpenLC EU also, would there be a need to get something like Orbx - FTX: EU Ireland / England (or similar)

Do these individual countries/cities/even airports continue to build on each other with increasing level of detail, or is it more that you can get all of EU with OpenLC, more detail with FTX EU Ireland, but the other more detail products are for people not wanting to get the larger regional products? 

I guess in short, if i get OpenLC EU, would getting "Orbx - FTX: EU England" and then "Orbx - FTX: EU EGHI Southampton Airport" give me more and more or at some point do they overlap and become redundant.

Again trying to understand, as i would like to cover a few areas in both EU and in NA with really good detail, but i just cant fathom the expense of having to get all the mega regions, then sub regions, then again all the dozens on of airports for a specific state/sub region.

If this secondary question is answered somewhere please feel free to refer me, i dont mind reading it over myself, i just haven't seen it

I'm just asking as i would like to keep as many of the scenery packs to one developer to avoid conflicts and i truly love the quality done with Orbx / FTX

Thanks again for the patience and helping me understand

I have been doing some more research this evening and i think i have found a source to start to address my second question about the flow of the various products and how they may overall here: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/74345-the-definitive-guide-to-ftx-products-the-go-to-source-of-ftx-information/

I still welcome any cliff notes versions if anyone wants to add that, otherwise i will continue my reading in that link

Archived