Pago Pago no people

teisco

Thanks Tim, I installed the new libraries and now have a few people in the small airports but at FAQ and Pago Pago International I have no people. I took "Bob" and walked all over both those airports and they are bare, not a soul to be found. 

An interesting fact is that I have a whole group of people walking around one of your freeware airports (Fort Dodge Iowa) and non at a major pay airport like Pago Pago International.

I love this scenery Tim and have made many videos showcasing it and have reports of people buying it after seeing my videos so if we can get some people in it that would really help.

One of my showcase videos of Pago Pago   https://youtu.be/NsEMUpPZVOE

Hi again,

If you have installed the Orbxlibs but still dont see people at Pago or FAQ then you must be missing the Objectflow module,

This special module controls the display of many scenery components such as windsocks that indicate the wind direction, animated flags that indicate the wind direction and also get put away at night, airport clutter and static aircraft that changes depending on the time of day or day of the week, and of course people

To manually activate it follow these instructions:

1. Go to your [FSX/P3D]../ORBX/FTX_AU/FTXAA_ORBXLIBS/Scenery folder, and double click on ModuleInstaller.exe to open it.

2. Click on the left button (Install Flight Simulator Modules), and select OK to confirm. Boot up the simulator (don't forget to select "OK" if a security prompt shows up during the startup screen), and see if that solves the problem.

Thanks, I did that and no people at Pago Pago Int.  In your guide for Pago Pago there is a screen shot of the unloading area of Pago Pago Int and there are three people standing by the entry wearing yellow safety vest. I do not have any of that. 

I just watched a video of Orbx Pago Pago Int. and there were people all over the place plus gas trucks and an airliner being serviced,,,,,I have none of that.

I noticed I have two FTX Centrals,,,1 and 2 ?

Thanks, I did that and no people at Pago Pago Int.  In your guide for Pago Pago there is a screen shot of the unloading area of Pago Pago Int and there are three people standing by the entry wearing yellow safety vest. I do not have any of that. 

I just watched a video of Orbx Pago Pago Int. and there were people all over the place plus gas trucks and an airliner being serviced,,,,,I have none of that.

I noticed I have two FTX Centrals,,,1 and 2 ?

The issue is most certainly the Objectflow module if you're missing those items

Yes there is a new version of FTXCentral (V2), so you can ignore the old version completely

Open up the new FTXCentral V2 (and apply any updates) and select [Global] and press 'apply group', and if your still having the same issues try the manual method again

1. Go to your [FSX/P3D]../ORBX/FTX_AU/FTXAA_ORBXLIBS/Scenery folder, and double click on ModuleInstaller.exe to open it.

2. Click on the left button (Install Flight Simulator Modules), and select OK to confirm. Boot up the simulator (don't forget to select "OK" if a security prompt shows up during the startup screen), and see if that solves the problem.

Thanks but that does not work. 

I installed the module and it wants to be put into a .dll for some reason. It also insist on being installed in a folder called FSX_SE. I have all my files in a folder called FSX and that is where the config and all other FSX files are located. FSX_SE folder is only used for dual (FSX and FSXSE) installs (I only have Steam version installed and no original versions installed)

So I copy the .dll from the FSX_SE folder and add it to my FSX folder but still nothing. 

Why does the module want to go into a .dll ?  And why does it insist on going into the wrong folder?

m1_zpsrjjqylft.png

m2_zpswcf55gik.png

Hi,

The Objectflow is a .dll file, its the only way we are able to conditionally display objects within FSX

The installer will only install it to wherever your copy of FSX is installed, this is determined by the windows registory entry made by FSX upon installation

Have you moved the FSX folder since installing at all? or had both the original FSX and Steam FSX installed on this system at some point?

You seem to be misreading what is happening.

However, you should indeed have no FSX-SE folders, though they are not

what you appear to think.

For some reason, your copy of FSX Steam is running in Co-existence mode,

which is what happens either when FSX is already installed or when there are

residual registry entries from a previous installation.

This is how to fix the problem.

Before you start, make back ups of your

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX-SE

C:\Users\Your name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX-SE

C:\Users\Your name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\FSX-SE

folders.

Then follow the guide in the quote.

When you have finished run FSX Steam once, then close it.

Copy the contents of your three backed up FSX-SE folders into the

respective new FSX folders in the matching locations.

Allow the files to over write.

Then re-install the latest Orbx library

If this was the only error, it should all now work properly.

Sometimes there is still a trace of FSX and if that is the case, by default, FSX-SE will

be installed in "Co-exist" mode, ie so that it and FSX can be installed on the same PC.

This is why the external folders are named FSX-SE  instead of FSX.

Use your Registry Editor to go to

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator - Steam Edition

where you will see a Registry Key named Co-existence.

You will see that its value is 1.

Right click on modify and change this to 0.

You can then go to

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\

C:\Users\Your name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\

C:\Users\Your name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\

and in each case delete the FSX-SE folder.

If you see an FSX folder, delete that also.

Then restart FSX-SE and new folders named FSX will be created.

Once you have done this, the file structure should match what

the installers expect to find for FSX and work correctly.

Credit for this to Steve Waite at the Avsim forum.

I have tried it and it works for me exactly as I have written.

As I have both versions on my PC, I have also found that

the process is entirely reversible.

But there is nothing in my FSX SE folder except for the new .dll that the modulainstaller put there. All my files are in the user/me/appdata/roaming/microsoft/fsx folder so should not those be the ones I am saving?

Ok, I see now, they are the Program Data FSX SE folder. Ok will give it a try thanks.

Sorry, I guessed wrong this time.

You need the module installer to add the entry to your dll.xml

file in C:\Users\Your name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX.

Is this path to your FSX Steam installation the right one?

m1_zpsrjjqylft.png

If not, try manually directing the module installer to where it actually is.

If still not, you could try copying it from the wrong one in the FSX-SE folder into the right one?

Not so fast,,thinking you did not guess wrong. It did say "0" in the registry but I still had the FSX SE folders in those locations. So I deleted all the FSX SE folders in those three locations and then copy/pasted the contents of the three saved FSX SE folders to the new FSX folders (I did start FSX and let it rebuild those folders).

Now I did not realize I would then have to reinstall all my addon scenery including Orbx Global, Orbx Vector, and of course Pago Pago so that is what I am doing now so maybe when done this will work anyway.

Thanks,

Archived