NA Scenic Monument Valley -UT- needs Global Base

LarryH75093

I don't have Global.

Despite that, Monument Valley works okay for me.

I have had similar satisfactory experiences with other Orbx airports (payware and freeware) with a similar Global warning.

My understanding from posts in other Threads is that Global gives the optimum outcome but is not a necessity for a satisfactory outcome.

In the case of Monument Valley, the warning which Jack refers to definitely appears on the FSS product page but, from recollection, it does not appear on the product page for this scenery on the Orbx website and it is listed there separate from other Global products.

Gary

To Gary:

I'm doing the install from the DVD I was sent.

After "Unwrapping the installer,"  and "Welcome to installer..."  I get the puzzling message-- "Insert Disk #1" with an offered path--

C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\{7DF50884-3D7B-460B-83FE-A25B68D7D2B6}-- which I accept, then---

"Setup can not open the following archive file. (You may have inserted the wrong disk)."

Then, I search for and choose a file listed on the DVD (separate from the application file), described as 2 files, 133,650 KB.

(called data files, I think), but that also does not work.

I'm thinking this thing is set up for a download customer.  Yes ??

To Gary:

I'm doing the install from the DVD I was sent.

After "Unwrapping the installer,"  and "Welcome to installer..."  I get the puzzling message-- "Insert Disk #1" with an offered path--

C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\{7DF50884-3D7B-460B-83FE-A25B68D7D2B6}-- which I accept, then---

"Setup can not open the following archive file. (You may have inserted the wrong disk)."

Then, I search for and choose a file listed on the DVD (separate from the application file), described as 2 files, 133,650 KB.

(called data files, I think), but that also does not work.

I'm thinking this thing is set up for a download customer.  Yes ??

The disk backup you received is not an install disk... It's simply a backup of the download only product, on a disk. FTX products have been "download only" for some time now.

That said, you mention that you "unwarp the installer"... Are you simply double clicking the zip file? If so, this is not sufficient... Doing so simply opens a preview of what it inside the zip file, and running the installer from that preview window will result in the error you are seeing.

You should copy the zip file to your PC's hard drive, then fully unzip the ZIP file to it's own folder, then run the installer from there.

For a step by step guide, see pages 8 & 9 of the guide, available here:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/74345-the-definitive-guide-to-ftx-products-the-go-to-source-of-ftx-information/

Archived