Texture bleed-thru in FTX AU - FAQ solution not working

purduekev

Hello:

I am seeing texture bleed-through and morphing in FTX AU, particularly around Melbourne and Sydney (not noticed it anywhere else):

2015-8-8_18-36-37-147.jpg

2015-8-8_18-36-35-259.jpg

2015-8-8_18-36-40-355.jpg

I know this issue has been well-documented ( http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/79004-resolving-rapid-ground-texture-morphing/ and http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/74183-texture-bleed-thru-at-kmmh-and-surounding-areas/?hl=%2Bau+%2Btexture+%2Bbleed ), but the recommended solutions are not working for me.  Specifically, I have checked and can confirm that my scenery library is arranged exactly as described in the FTX Definitive Guide and the FTX insertion point in the proper location, and also when I tried to refresh the terrain.cfg file I could not get P3D to even start and reverted back to my current terrain.cfg file, since I do not see this problem anywhere esle in my Orbx installations.  The "original" terrain.cfg file in the specified folder in Orbx is date-stamped back to 2007 - surely this is not the backup for P3D?

Before I attempt a reinstallation of AU (which could be tedious if I have to re-install the payware airports and OZx stuff as well), are there any other recommendations to try that could fix this?

This is only happening in the AU region for me - nowhere else.

Thanks!

Kevin

Hi John  - thank you!  I had not come across that thread, but that is definitely what is happening.  I am glad I did not try a reinstall.  At least now I know to disable the library entries when flying there.

If the devs are reading this, please add my suggestion that some sort of straightforward enable/disable mechanism be added to FTX Central to make this easier to accomplish.

Also, moderators please mark this post "Answered".

Thanks!

Kevin

Did you see the other thread today about just unticking golf courses, parks and wetlands in vector worked for one member?

Hi John - yes, I saw that, though I believe there was some uncertainty about whether that solution completely addresses the issue?  I will try it in any case though.

Thanks!

Kevin

Archived