Autogen issues on new install

JohnKnox

I'm installing FSX (std MS FSX) to a new computer, I have lots and lots of Orbx products, things were going well until I've run into an overabundance of autogen started to appear fairly late in the process. I'll start at the beginning and map out the order I installed, but first here's the issue eg at YSSY

2015-8-8_12-2-11-195.jpg

After installing FSX and patching to SP2 then installing a couple of favourite aircraft addons (NGX, F1 BN2, JF F27) I began the FTX installs in this order;

FTX Global then Vector

FTX EU Scotland and EGPB

FTX NZSI

all seemed to be working fine to this point - no issues at all, checking - NZCH looked as expected.

now for AU

AU regions Green, Gold, Blue using SP3 installers then patching to SP4 003

FlyTampa's YSSY was next on the list but thought I'd check YSSY before I did that, and that's when I first saw this autogen issue shown above. Also went and checked NZCH and it is also shown 'bad' autogen issues as well now that weren't there before the AU installs. Did not proceed with FT's YSSY.

OK so I've mucked something up, I looked through the forums here looking for clues and have read and tried Holger's answers in http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/96863-trees-and-houses-autogen-issue-on-airports/?hl=%2Bautogen+%2Bproblems#entry877936   dealing with Vector's AEC  - no change in symptoms  and Ed Corrreia's Setting your openLC entries in http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/81831-setting-your-openlc-entries/  which I did need to fix, and some other FAQ's but still no luck, still the overabundance of autogen seen at YSSY and NZCH. At the same time EU Scotland including EGPB are still beautiful, no issues there.

I assume (yes I know that's dangerous) that insertion points/ layer priority is at the heart of my issues, here's what I have at the moment

points.jpg

Any ideas where to go from here ?

Thanks in anticipation

John

Not good at this sort of thing but here is an interim guess until someone more knowledgeable answers.

I note that the land class shoreline has not come up to the Vector shoreline. This suggests that Vector may be the problem. Vector and AU SP4 are actually incompatible. Disable Vector and see what happens.

Thanks for your reply Petfy, but I'm afraid I'm new to Vector and don't know how to disable it. Do you just have to untick all the boxes in the 'FTX Vector Configurator' ? - or is there a general disable for it somewhere ?  If it has an entry in the FSX scenery list, I'm not seeing anything obvious.

To try and give more info, here's a screenshot of more houses in water at NZAA, FTX Central2 is set to 'GLOBAL' no hybrid and NZNI is not installed, so it should be a global only area. In my ignorance, it seems to me there's something gone wrong with the water texture and/or land class actions/settings with global. But being a noob with global and vector I'm a bit lost, I don't understand why if there's something wrong with GLOBAL globally, why my AU and NZSI regions are affected but not my EU-Scotland region. 

autogen3.jpg

Hi Stew

Herein may lay the rub ..   at the bottom of the scenery library, there is no vector ref, just Default Scenery and Default Terrain  nor anything that says Vector anywhere else in the list. I did install Global Vector tho ...

bases.jpg

Thanks again for your help guys.  A major symptom here is that there are NO vector entries at all in my Scenery library list. I'm thinking at the moment I'll follow the guide in the Vector section to uninstall Vector and see .....

Uninstalled/removed all Vector files as per http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/70953-how-to-uninstall-vector/

But still have all that unwanted autogen is as above.

Then went and disabled all ORBX entries in the Scenery Library list - but still all the unwanted autogen is there.

Does this indicate that all the changes Global Base Pack made on install are suspect now ? 

I did make the requested backup at that time.

Not sure where to go from here.

Sorry, John.  I told you the Vector entries were below the Base entries, but of course they're above them.  Go back and install Vector again.  But this time just untick those four, not the one that's way at the bottom.  Re-enable all your Orbx entries as well--they aren't the problem.  Then, if there's a problem with your terrain.cfg, there's a fix for that, too.

Stew

Archived