Can't install AU-SP4 to FSX-se

Ren460

Hi. Apologies if this is not in the correct section as this is my first time to the forums and posting.

I do realise and have read the multitude of threads on this issue. After reading the threads I decided to format my hard drive, install a complete fresh Windows 7 platform and only install FSX-SE.

After doing this I loaded in my original ftx Australia SP4DVD - but it would not install and came up with the message of not being able to find the registry.

Is there something else I am suppose to do? Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Hi Nick

Welcome.

I wonder if you would add at least one order number to your signature please.

Here is why

Thank you.

Hi Nick

Again, my apologies. I was unsure at first what the order number even referred too. Unfortunately, I purchased the DVD some years ago - 2010 I think. I have gone back through emails etc but can not find anything relating to my purchase of this product. The only thing I would be able to do is to provide a photo of both the case and DVD to show they are original. I have been using your product without issue with the standard version of FSX for many years, with only my change to FSX-SE creating my problem.

The only info as laid out on the front of the DVD is - ftx AUSTRALIA THE FULL TERRAIN EXPERIENCE SP4. Copyright 2010 Orbx Simulation Systems Pty Ltd.

As this is the only FTX product I have purchased, I have no other order number I can use. I do not know how else I can source this?

I appreciate your need to check for genuine copies, but I do not know how I can do this for you. I trust you are still able to help me.

Many thanks

Please stand by, I have asked for advice.

Hi Nick

I have done some more searching and found where I had made the purchase through (PC Aviator Aust.) and was able to find the order number from their site. Sorry for the mucking around. Have now placed this in my signature panel.

Regards

Ross

Hi Nick and Voyager

Thank you for your help Nick. I have now been able to install FTX - just sorting out the issue with scenery files, but all should be ok there.

Voyager - appreciate the link and info on DVD to a cross-grade license. Will definitely look further into that.

Appreciate the help guys - will be good to be up and flying again.

Many thanks

Archived