YBCS - DME and default jetways?

B77X

Is there supposed to be a DME? I get no readout when on the ILS for either runway at Cairns YBCS

Also can you put in default jetways so they can dock with my aircraft using ctrl J?

And according to the charts there is a PAPI on both sides but all I get are white lights, no guidance for on or off the glideslope.

G'day David,

Apologies I missed your opening post a few days ago. Touching on your points in order:

1. The DME/VOR for YBCS is located outside the airport perimeter, at approximately S16 51.00 E 145 44.60 

2. Unfortunately it isn't viable to swap out the jetways for default models. You should find jetways that are basically aligned to many common airliner types - if my memory is correct, I made examples suitable for 737, A320, 767, 777, and 747, and the hardstands at the northern end of the domestic apron (gates 10/10a/11/12) suitable for Q400/BAe146/CRJ/Fokker 100 aircraft.

3. What we have displayed is a TVASI approach, which has since been replaced in real life with the double PAPIs. The visual queues for TVASI are slightly difference than the red/white indicators for PAPIs, see this article for a good explanation on how to interpret the display.

4. You may indeed be correct about the animated people. From memory there might have been a few cross-overs between the static/animated people (ie you may find examples of one in the other's file), however the absolute majority should be aligned with the appropriate control panel option. Also be aware that some examples around static aircraft (particularly but not limited to baggage loaders etc) will be controlled by the static aircraft options in the control panel - this is to avoid clashes with AI/user aircraft when statics are disabled. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

G'day David,

Apologies I missed your opening post a few days ago. Touching on your points in order:

1. The DME/VOR for YBCS is located outside the airport perimeter, at approximately S16 51.00 E 145 44.60 

2. Unfortunately it isn't viable to swap out the jetways for default models. You should find jetways that are basically aligned to many common airliner types - if my memory is correct, I made examples suitable for 737, A320, 767, 777, and 747, and the hardstands at the northern end of the domestic apron (gates 10/10a/11/12) suitable for Q400/BAe146/CRJ/Fokker 100 aircraft.

3. What we have displayed is a TVASI approach, which has since been replaced in real life with the double PAPIs. The visual queues for TVASI are slightly difference than the red/white indicators for PAPIs, see this article for a good explanation on how to interpret the display.

4. You may indeed be correct about the animated people. From memory there might have been a few cross-overs between the static/animated people (ie you may find examples of one in the other's file), however the absolute majority should be aligned with the appropriate control panel option. Also be aware that some examples around static aircraft (particularly but not limited to baggage loaders etc) will be controlled by the static aircraft options in the control panel - this is to avoid clashes with AI/user aircraft when statics are disabled. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Thank you for the reply. I edited the afcad file using afx. I put in papis and activated the DME for runway 15. It had been unchecked. En route and will see how that turned out.

The people are walking around the terminals near the gates and I cannot turn them off. I deactivated static aircraft too. Not a big deal just trying to save fps.

The international jetways are really close to the aircraft line and very high up, United 737's park usually at gate 3 and the gate is so high and close. Not a big issue either though.

The DME for 15 was disabled in the afcad file. I checked it and now it works, my airplane just picked it up. PAPI lights work too, changed them in the afcad file. Maybe for your next update to the scenery if there is one planned you could make these fixes available.

And let us disable peopleflow fully, I get low FPS at this airport even though it is a smaller city not very dense. It looks real beautiful I enjoy flying in and out of CNS. No more United flights after Sept though.

Archived