EGKA Lighting (or lack of)

Mission360

Evening all,

I have scoured these forums for days now to find an answer to the issue of the lack of lighting at EGKA add-on. Apologies if this subject has been beaten to death, but the frustration in not getting this to work properly is driving me to distraction! I am using FSX + Acceleration with England terrain payware and DX10 mode on. I have also purchased the DX10 scenery fixer. As you can see from the screen shot, the lighting on the runway is terrible. Flying above 600ft the lights disappear altogether, it leads me to believe that I have the configuration very wrong somewhere, Are their any kind souls out there who could help an already greying chap getting whiter by the minute!

egka.jpg

ScreenShot2015-07-21at20.26.23.png

Many thanks for your prompt response. The date is 12/05/2006 05:25. I can confirm that there are no add ons outside Orbx. This is a brand new install as I had this issue before this reformat and install and was hoping that a complete reinstall would cure the lighting in my home airport.

I am more than happy to do this; however this is a new installation - Base + EU_England + EGKA + Libs in exactly that order. Considering this is the second attempt at this, maybe that is the lighting we get from EGKA? Can anyone post a screenshot of theirs maybe to compare?

Just wanted to add that I've noticed exactly the same issue with the runway edge lighting at Shoreham. It's more-or-less invisible from any distance and the surrounding streetlights etc. have much greater intensity.

I even checked the textual aerodrome information for EGKA to check that runway 02/20 actually has lighting. It does, and it makes no mention of them using birthday cake candles either!  :P

Cheers,

Nick

P.S. The issue is evident with both FSX DX9 and DX10 using the payer 'fixer'. NVIDIA GTX670 graphics card.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived