PAKT Turned Out the Lights

gpbarth

I just flew a great trip from PAJN to PAKT, including part of the flight through a thunderstorm, in my A2A Comanche 250. The flight was fine, but on the nighttime approach to Ketchikan, there were no runway lights. I barely saw what turned out to be the approach lights, which seemed awfully dim. I don't know how I managed to land, but I did.

I do have the payware PAKT airport and the proper region, too. So is there some reason they turned off the lights. Also I am running FSX SE and DX10 with Steve's Fixer. Any ideas what is wrong, or what I did wrong, anyway?

For FSX DX10:

One prob could be that the dx10 fixer does not detect any overwritten Effects file if e.g. overwriting an old one. The Effects file are only detectable if there is a new one. So a PAKT re-installation (e.g. with the new tripple installer) reverted it to an unconverted form but probably didn't install any new effects.

The conclusion is that if you don't get the scan-prompt in the DX10 controller after installing a new scenery then

- you should go into the Lights/Effects switchbox and uncheck the "Convert Effects" and apply

- then you go again into the switchbox and check the "Convert effects" and apply.

Hope this helps.

Wulf

• 3 weeks later...

Archived