Noobmobile to Katoomba

krigl

Flying from Maitland I noticed that there were some proper nav facilities down the coast, so I thought I'd get some Nav practice in my Noobmobile - Dwho's HD liveried default 172 + the 'Nav Blonde Flight Trainer' panel from Charles Wood's site... I love this panel, for its aesthetics and for that borrowed 737 stack for easy reading  ;D Why Nav1 and Nav2 on the same frequency? Duplication....you just never know what might happen. Right. Please feel free to let me know what else I'm doing wrong, bet there's plenty... :D

Posted Image

Then I headed inland towards Meatycus's Katoomba airstrip, another wonderful place with tons of detail.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Once we were safely down it was time to change rides for another great STOL and bushplane...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Looking forward to touring the nearby strips in the Foxbat.... pics in a day or two I guess. Thanks for looking in!

Krigl

Guest volcom1720

Got some CRACKER shots there  ;)

One of the best bush trip pictorial display I've seen  ;D  ;)

Great shot Krigl, glad she was kind to you  ;D

(last time I took the PC9 for a flight to YKAT I ended up smacking into all the trees down the left-hand side of RWY24, due to bad crosswind gusts)

@Adam, I included an AFCAD for YKAT, because I made it a base for my little blue mountains VFR tour, just look for Katoomba, NSW in the Go-to-list

@Adam, I included an AFCAD for YKAT, because I made it a base for my little blue mountains VFR tour, just look for Katoomba, NSW in the Go-to-list

Or you could just start from Camden YSCN and head over to the city of Katoomba via the KAT NDB Freq: 233 and then look for the airstrip! ;-)

Archived