LKHV Horovice Mesh Problem?

Gandalf21

Hello all,

today I bought LKHV and this airport looks very nice. Great work from Vlad. Unfortunately I have some "mesh-waves" seen on the following screenshots.

Diverses01.jpg

Diverses02.jpg

After installation I ran the vector tool. I'm using FS Global Ultimate with setting 5m in P3Dv2.

Any idea what's the cause of this?

Cheers,

Martin

Hi Martin:

Interesting, I couldn't see anything like that in FSX. It looks like the south side from the runway? Even the flatten didn't extend that way... Since you've ran the Vector tool it may be worthwhile to make sure that the tool really took LKHV off the list, or try to do this manually. I'll ask the Beta testers to have a look in P3D whether they can replicate it.

Re-reading your post - I'm using the Global 2010 mesh - just for the hell of it, could you please disable the Ultimate mesh and have a look?

Thanks much! :)

Hi,

just read a similar topic on Pago Pago with Ultimate. I have Ultimate and I can reproduce issues there, too. Didn't find time to install and try Horovice, though.

Kind regards, Michael

Hi Vlad,

meanwhile I tested again and deactivated FSGU.

without Ultimate:

Diverses01.jpg

with Ultimate mesh setting 5m
Diverses02.jpg

One thing I discovered is that I can't find LKHV at the Vector tool elevation corrections. Should it be there? How I deactivate it manually?

Cheers,

Martin

• 2 years later...

This Horovice mesh problem is still a problem.
You must appreciate that people are going to want to run better mesh than standard and make sure that any scenery you make is going to be compatible with that idea, preferably by having it's own mesh that is at a high LOD so that it gets used in favour of anything else.
This mesh doesn't have to be an actually high LOD mind, just one compatible with how the scenery area has been designed.
It just needs to cover the local scenery area and be compiled to appear to be high LOD.
This is a basic courtesy and essential for a happy customer base.  ;-)

What say you ORBX? 

I'm not in a positon to be able to read every post that comes up here. 
I am sorry to hear of Vlad's passing, The scenery is quite lovely.  This was a big loss to the community.
My comment wan't meant as a spcific criticism of this scenery and I'll try not to feel too guilty about maklng even in these unfortunate circumstances. Rather I was pointing out a general rule of thumb that I feel would be useful to bear in mind.

Are we to understand then that scenery goes out of support if developers are no longer available?

I cannot answer that because I do not know what happens

to the source files, without which it is really not possible to

make such drastic changes to the product.

You appear to remain unaware that Vlad did indeed follow

your recommendation and make his airport using the Fs Global 2010 product

which was and still is the standard mesh used in FTX product development.

You are probably also not aware that each product has to be tailored to a

given mesh standard and that by definition, it will not look at its best if that

standard is ignored.

If, as you are implying, the products should be revised each time a new mesh

product is released, the cost in both time and money would be prohibitive.

Any update would create similar anomalies with earlier mesh versions.

Archived