Diamond Point 2WA1 Scenery defects

cflord

I have installed the PNW USA Canada Pacific Northwest Regional scenery and several of the ORBX airport sceneries.  I went to fly at Diamond Point 2WA1 the other night and this is what I got for the airport in PNW:

The runway is below ground in PNW Regional scenery

DiamondPoint1.jpg

I decided to purchase the Diamond Point ORBX scenery to see if I could fix the runway problem and it did; however it created a new problem in the near by mountains at coordinates N48 deg 1.78' /

W122 deg 56.55".  I now have very large spikes coming out of the mountains.

Diamond Point runway after install of Diamond Point ORBX scenery.  As you can see the runway is fixed. 

DiamondPoint2.jpg

Mountain spikes after installation of Diamond Point ORBX scenery

DiamondPoint3.jpg

Mountain spikes after installation of Diamond Point ORBX scenery

DiamondPoint4.jpg

Cliff Lord

Hi Cliff,

I can't see the spikes in the scenery, BUT I'm using Pilot's 2010 FTX mesh, not the default.  What's more, I can see spikes at that location in Google Earth, so that suggests there's an anomaly in a mainstream elevation dataset.

spikes01.th.jpg 2015-7-1_23-47-26-903.th.jpg

Maybe someone else with the default mesh can confirm?

Edit: Before installing Diamond Point, did you run the Vector Configurator in FTXCentral2?  That normally corrects such runway elevation problems.

Hi Cliff,

weird about the spikes as I in my notes have those listed as fixed in PNW service pack 4 back in 2011. I'll have another look, perhaps they are also in the high-resolution terrain mesh that ships with 2WA1. 

What is your mesh resolution slider setting? It should be at 5m.

Also, do they go away if you temporarily deactivate the FTX_AA_2WA1 entry in your scenery library menu. Or perhaps the W28 Sequim Valley Airport entry?

Cheers, Holger

Holger, I de-activated 2WA1 in the scenery library and I still have the spikes. I re-activated 2WA1 and de-activated W28 and I still have the spikes. I shut down FSX, re-installed Patch 8 for PNW and re-ran the elevation configurator, re-booted the computer, re-started FSX and I still have the spikes. My resolution slider setting is 5m and I tried 2m; but I still have the spikes. It appears no matter what I try, the spikes are here to stay!

Cliff

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived