AI Traffic missing

Lance Arnold

I have recently installed the AU and NA traffic files and thought I had the FTX AI flying, but if I deactivate the default AI traffic within FTX Central, I have no AI traffic at all. This affects both Australia and the United States.

Before I deactivated the default FSX AI traffic, I had normal AI flying except for the expected FTX AI traffic around YPJT Jandakot and YPPH Perth and nearby airports.

I have also deactivated all my WoAI traffic as well.

Has anyone else experienced this or have a possible solution to my problem?

I am getting close to removing FSX entirely and restart from scratch with a clean instal.

Lance.

G'day Lance,

A known bug with FSX is that any FS9-native AI traffic bgl files will force the sim to only recognise the older type of files. A most common source of FS9-native AI traffic files is WOAI, which you will need to manually convert over to FSX format to ensure all your AI is working correctly. See a recent discussion on the same topic for more info - http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/99429-not-seeing-orbx-au-traffic/#entry899302

Cheers,

Jarrad

Hi Jarrad.

I followed your suggestion and reviewed the topic you highlighted. Arfter converting all my fs9 Traffic files to FSX files (with AI FlightPlanner ) my airports and skies have really come alive.

Looks like I may have to drop my flight traffic slider down a bit, 100% traffic makes it a longer prospect of trying to get into the air. But I suppose that is how it is in real world flying, especially when you fly out of a busy airport.

Many thanks for all the development work you guys are doing, I am glad I started purchasing these add-ons, I only wish I had started years ago. And Jandakot is great rendition of this airport. And looking forward to more West Australian content (Bunbury, Albany, Kalgoorlie and Carnarvon come to mind ::)) I think I may be biased towards WA a little bit.

Cheers,

Lance.

My pleasure, glad you got it sorted :) If you're looking for more WA destinations (and let's be honest, there can never be too many), be sure you check out Broome, and also be sure to head over to OzX, where there are a bunch of great quality freeware airports - my personal favourites are Bunbury and Beverley. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Archived