KSEA elevation mismatch- default scenery

FTX Vector FSS0287553

I'm using FSGlobal 2010 as my terrain mesh, with FTX Vector, and the default KSEA scenery.

With a default installation of vector, and KSEA enabled in the AEC correction, the airport is sunk down at 365 ft while the surrounding terrain is at 437 ft or so.

If I disable KSEA in the AEC tab, the elevation mismatch goes away, and the airport is sitting at 437 feet and blended nicely with the terrain. This is what I want to happen. However, as this is not a detailed addon-scenery, disabling AEC in this way means that the airport polygon is gone and autogen and ground textures are overunning the airport.

What am I supposed to do with this? AEC breaks the default airport, and disabling it screws things up as well. Other airports where I've had this problem (EGCC, KLAS, LPPT, UUDD, for example) have been fixed by disabling their AEC and then using a 3rd-party scenery to handle the polygon/autogen. I don't have a scenery for KSEA, so this doesn't work. How do I fix this?

The airport should look perfectly all right with KSEA set to AEC disabled

in the Vector Configurator.

You can check the state of the vector files by searching your ORBX\FTX_VECTOR folder

for KSEA.

If your installation is correct and KSEA is set to AEC Disabled, these are the files

you will find, the important one is ABP_KSEA_Default.bgl

Untitled.jpg

this is the default  KSEA as displayed here.

2015-7-1_9-41-8-465.jpg

Thanks for the help- I think I see what's going on. When I disable AEC for the airport, I get the 3 x ABP, AEC, APT inactive. But the configuration tool doesn't add/make ABP_KSEA_Default, it's not present. The other three are, with the inactive file type, but the default one doesn't show up, and the airport background and autogen are messed up. This is true for every airport, not just KSEA. Any idea why they wouldn't be showing up? Where do they "live" when not used, and what should I do if they're not there? I'm using the latest version of vector.

A search of my FTX_VECTOR folder for default comes up with 4117 files.

4111 of them have the suffix .inactive and 6, .bgl.

I have only 6 airports set as AEC disabled.

Try a similar search of yours.

Not knowing how long you have had Vector, I am guessing that you have

version 1.20, which was, for a while, missing all these files.

If you download Vector 1.20 now from the Flight Sim Store, you will have

the repaired version and all the files you need.

If I have guessed wrong, please come back and say so.

Archived