"The Mission" (Fixed: Install Hotfix 1080.003)

tom

Great product guys - my purchasing/validating/installing experience went well, and product exceeds expectations.

I do however have a slight problem with the mission.  It seems to load OK, the flightplan is in the GPS, but Jane is AWOL- she just doesn't show up - it seems as if the mission just fails to "start".   Hitting Shift-P simply induces a pushback, not a demo mode, and certainly no commentary starts with or without Shift-P. 

Not a huge issue - is probably a stupid omission of mine - but it sounds like it could be interesting if I could get it to run.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Just checking but you ran it from the mission area of flight sim X and not via a free flight?

When you first select the ORBX FTX AU Blue mission and go to the briefing do you get the screens showing the Overview, Details and Map & Charts tabs etc (Just checking that it installed OK on your machine).

When you first start the mission you have to wait for about 10 seconds for Jane to turn up.

You should see her on the right hand side waiting for the introductory text/speech to start. She rolls into view and does her wobbly take off roll.

Make sure you have the voice option checked with some volume in the sound settings of FSX (Settings  - Sound)

Are you getting any text on the screen?  You will have to select the Show Captioning option under Settings - General.

If your sound settings are not right then the text should appear on the screen.

If this doesnt fix the problem then I would need to know

What service pack are you on in flight sim x?

What operating system?

And we will see if the mission installed itself correctly on your machine.

Note that I will not be available for a few hours so further responses will be a little slow.

not much help, but the mission ran fine for me, only a couple of issues, aircraft ground shadow resulted in moving ground tiles when i was over water!, and on landing at the beach after touchdown the beach turned to water!! the trike was sinking, but john was still waving from on top of it  ;D ;D ;D

Mission is a no-go for me as well.

Launch it from the missions section. Has a few tabs, first is a blurb about mission, second about FTX, third mentions the GPS is loaded and you can follow jane anyway.

On launch I find myself sitting in the back seat of the trike, with no one around anywhere. No text, no voice, no jane, no nothing.

Was going to post this earlier but I thought everyone was so busy not being able to download it that i might be alone. Now there's a least two of us.

FSX with SP2, only addon (Besides FTX AU Blue) is the freeware Aussie mesh.

Thanks for your response Steve.

Yes, ran it from the Mission area 3 times with a reboot in between to be sure - yes the overview/details and map & charts tabs are available - everything seems OK to this point. Waited several minutes each time, suspecting that there could be a delayed entrance of Jane,  scanned the scene in all views for some time also, but no show.

All sound settings were on, and sound was working it seemed normally.

No text appeared on screen. Captioning was set.

Am running FSX with SP1 & SP2 installed. Machine is a lower spec P4 2.8 with 2GB RAM, oldish FX5600 256MB card running with XP Home SP2 with all updates installed. It has been tweaked and runs FSX surprisingly well considering. (A new machine will be purchased when most of the uncertainties re FSX, DX10 etc etc shake down a bit).

It's not earth shattering if the mission doesn't get to run. I flew it from the GPS plan, so have at least taken in the magnificent scenery it is designed to expose.  It just seemed a bit odd that it wouldn't run as designed. Please don't waste too much time over it - I'm sure you've got more pressing problems to solve.

Thanks again and cheers,  Tom.

Thanks Rob. I'll have a bit more of a play tomorrow, and drag a few sliders back just for interest - it would be a pity to detract too much from the scenery though.

I've got the FPS locked at 20, and sitting on the runway there in Tassie waiting for Jane, it's sitting right on 20, so at that point the old pooter is coping. I take your point though that these things can certainly manifest themselves in strange ways at times.

I'll have more of a fiddle and keep you posted.

Cheers, Tom.

Mission is a no-go for me as well.

Launch it from the missions section. Has a few tabs, first is a blurb about mission, second about FTX, third mentions the GPS is loaded and you can follow jane anyway.

On launch I find myself sitting in the back seat of the trike, with no one around anywhere. No text, no voice, no jane, no nothing.

Was going to post this earlier but I thought everyone was so busy not being able to download it that i might be alone. Now there's a least two of us.

FSX with SP2, only addon (Besides FTX AU Blue) is the freeware Aussie mesh.

This is my experience also. Jane is nowhere to be found. I am running a Dell Precision quadcore 64 bit system Vista Ultimate with 4093 MB RAM ???

Same problem here as well.

Went to it through the mission selection on the menu, saw the briefing screen, clicked "Fly!", loaded up and... no Jane.  It's a small thing, woulda been neat, sure, but not a OMG FIX IT issue.

I have quite a few addons, but it appears that isn't the issue.

Also don't think it's cause of lack of performance on my computer, 50-60fps. Also everything is up to date: drivers, windows, software, etc.

Perhaps an install issue?

System:

Intel Core 2 Extreme X9650

4096 DDR2 1066

Geforce 8800GTS 640

Vista Ultimate X64

Addons:

ASX

XGraphics

GEX USA/Canada

UTX USA

LVLD 763

PMDG 747

EDIt: Also the mission compass doesn't come up. It's basically just like a free flight but with a programmed GPS and not being able to change certain options: weather, aircraft, airport, etc.

Same problem! So just in case it helps: my rig is Vista 64 bit, Dual Core E6850 3.4, BFG 8800 512 GT OC, FSX SP2, NO Acceleration Pack. 

Other than that. WOW! "The Shape of Things To Come", eh?

Well done and thanks.

Gareth

SPAIN

Great product guys - my purchasing/validating/installing experience went well, and product exceeds expectations.

I do however have a slight problem with the mission.  It seems to load OK, the flightplan is in the GPS, but Jane is AWOL- she just doesn't show up - it seems as if the mission just fails to "start".   Hitting Shift-P simply induces a pushback, not a demo mode, and certainly no commentary starts with or without Shift-P. 

Not a huge issue - is probably a stupid omission of mine - but it sounds like it could be interesting if I could get it to run.

Any ideas?

No I have been pulling my hair out too. I have FSX Deluxe edition SP2 and the ASUS G2S Gaming laptop- quite high specs so speed and graphics are all quite fast.I have SP1 on FTX.. Got excited grabbed the suggested coffee loaded up the mission(yes from the mission page)

Still waiting for Jane to turn up. After falling asleep I decided to fly to the lighthouse anyway and flew around the ballon landed on the hill did not see any promised birds anywhere even when flying very low and believe me I looked long and hard. Landed on the beach  next to the jetty with the two sea planes parked up and the BBq in full flame next to the tents, yute and caravan and Bingo looks like Jane has been doing a moon walk on the beach all this time towards another guy in a "Men in black suit" and he is doing the same moon walk.

No wonder she was not at Cambridge runway 09 she was here all the time--hope this helps

PS why does the Mission page briefing section have a picture of a red fixed wing racing aircraft when all the other FSX missions have a picture of the correct aircraft in that particular mission--at first I thought I had all the settings wrong and spent a long time trying to find out what I had done wrong till I realised that the Air Creation 582SL Buggy Ultralight was in fact what I was provided with and not the aircraft photo on the briefing page--maybe this can be FIXED too. Did this throw anyone else out there?

Will -- no more hair left

Cheers

The AU BLUE Mission hotfix will be released on Tuesday.

The issue was that the Camera that follows Jane used an Acceleration property.

Sorry about the image on the mission page. It was a nice high res one with a good background but you're right it had nothing to do with the mission. I ran out of time.

That's not Jane moonwalking on the beach. When you eventually get the mission going she continues to fly her ultralight.

I'll do better with the AU-GOLD Mission ;-)

Archived