FTX Lights not working with FTX Steam Edition

kifter

Hello,

I've recently converted over to FSX Steam edition (previous running FSX boxed and have uninstalled it) and I'm finding during the night time the lights appear rather large. They also had huge camera lense flaring effects.... but enabling DirectX 10 preview mode seems to have removed those.

I've tried using FTX Central -> FTX Lights to adjust the lights to their smallest setting (4). Unfortunately FTX Lights does not seem to apply any changes to FSX Steam Edition despite a confirmation message to the contrary.

As a side issue (which I feel is highly likely to be related) I also noticed that when installed Orbx England the scenary entries did not get created automatically in FSX and I have to manually add them from within the FSX Steam Edition software. I'm assuming that because the FTX software did not add the scenary entries automatically it's likely that something has gone wrong in the FTX Central software such that it cannot locate the FSX Steam game files to perform the necessary modifications.

Please could someone advise as to how to fix this issue?

Many thanks.

Software installed:

-FSX Steam Edition

-OrbxFTXEUENG130

-OrbxFTXENGPatch004

-FTXORBXLIBS_150331

Welcome.

For the FTX installers and software to work properly, the file structure and registry entries

of FSX Steam must be exactly the same as FSX.

As you have previously had FSX installed, it is quite likely that they are not.

The topic below will give you the necessary checks and if required, fixes.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/97831-new-to-orbx-ftx-global-installation/

Please read the section on the external folders particularly carefully, it is likely

that they are the cause of your problem.

Archived