Terrain problems after adding free airports

HKflyer

Hello,

My son downloaded and installed some free airports for North America to his FSX.  They included EDCG, KHQM, YBLN and YMLT.  He currently has FTX global, Central Rockies, Central California and Pacific Northwest scenery installed.  The problem is that after he loaded the new airports, he is seeing a lot of terrain errors in other areas (i.e. not the newly installed airports).  Here is a screen shot of the default starting point in FSX, Friday Harbor:

2corm7c.jpg

Do you have any insights into what could be causing this problem.  We're seeing this problem everywhere in the game. The terrain textures and things like trees seem to be applied incorrectly now.  Thank you.

I'm not seeing this quite to this extent, but everywhere around the freeware airport packs (at least in NA), I'm getting trees in the adjacent lakes. They don't extend out very far from the airport, but they seem to be anywhere a freeware airport is located where there is an adjacent lake. I have installed the latest libraries and they were installed after all other patches and updates. Might be a connection of some kind between the freeware packs and surrounding terrain. This issue, of course, occurs outside of the "fat" regions (not sure about inside but I don't believe there are many, if any freeware packs for inside the fat regions). Hope this helps & thanks.

Glenn

Archived