FTX Global texture item

Egbert

Got the advise to start a new topic - hope I'm on the right subforum now - I'm new here (although flying since a few years in ORBX sceneries with great pleasure. It's awesome!

I have a problem with FTX Global in Norway (I don't have FTX Norway yet) - what should be water in the fjords is woods, the coast is stone-like an there's a big rectangular desert-like area parallel to the coast line an above the northern coast (picture). It's very weard and I really don't know what to do about it. It's all over Norway, not over Sweden, though the borders between the countries with these irregularities are straight lines.

It make's no difference if FTX Central is active on FTX Global (hybrid or no hybrid), or on the other area's I have (Oceana and North America)

Hope that there' some help for this :)

Thanks!

post-58139-0-81350200-1435085775_thumb.p

Hi there,

FTX Global Base replaces the landclass ground textures and autogen and has no influence whatsoever on the placement of waterbodies (or lack thereof). Looks to me like you have perhaps a local third-party add-on installed (maybe some of the Norwegian freeware packages?) that excludes shorelines and waterbodies. If so make sure the order of its entries in the scenery library menu is correct, meaning excludes need to be at lower display priority than the replacement water files. 

Cheers, Holger

Archived