KRDD V1.1 - Papi lights not aligned with the light boxes

wulfbindewald

G'day Wulf,

What sim are you experiencing this in? 

@Jabble - yes what you see is correct, unfortunately we're not able to perfectly align default-style PAPI light splashes how we like. For a couple of reasons, it's preferential to have default-style PAPIs (especially in P3D2) at KRDD, so this is a known entity. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

G'day Wulf,

I've just had a read through my notes from KRDD v1.1 beta testing - I had this marked down as a known limitation of our particular APX file. As you remember from our discussions last year, the APX for KRDD was a bit of a beast to handle, and balancing up all the options, because of it's particular runway layout, approach lighting and PAPI placement, default-style approach/PAPI lighting was considered the lesser of two evils. To cut a rather convoluted and lengthy explanation short, the trade-off with this PAPI placement came about in order to negate those half-lit duplicate runway edge lights yourself and some others had problems with in v1.0. As with many aspects of FSX scenery design, this was a matter of finding the best balance and working around minor limitations in the engine - so long story short, aside from a total redesign of the entire KRDD lighting system, this will have to stay as-is. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Archived