FTX Global DEMO openLC Areas NOT Showing In Scenery List

Ed et al,

I installed Global Base from FlightStore DVDs.

My Install ORBX Products Report states...

FTX GLOBAL BASE PACK - Version 1.30 September 2014
FTX openLC Base Region Version 1.10 - September 2013

FTX openLC Europe Region 1 (Baltics Demo) Version 1.10 - September 2013

FTX openLC North America Region 1 Version 1.00 - September 2013

Page 14 of the FTX Global User Guide PDF states...

The openLC included with FTXG is contained in two initial folders inside the ORBX folder:

FTX_OLC\FTX_AA

FTX_OLC\FTX_EU1

These folders represent the base openLC folder (FTX_AA) and the first Europe folder (FTX_EU1) which contains

the Baltic States openLC demo. When you add more openLC products, more folders will be added to the

ORBX directory and also the Scenery Library.

If we look at the Scenery Library menu (FSX shown below; select

If you look at the attached screenshots you can see the installer actaully deposited 3 folders in \ORBX\FTX_OLC...

OLC_AA, OLC_EU1 & OLC_NA1.

Thats one extra I suppose for North America.

That's fine EXCEPT AFTER CHECKING MY SCENERY LIBRARY INSIE FSX SETTINGS I DON'T SEE ANY

openLC Scenery Library Entries

As the user guide does NOT actualy say these are added, it certainly implies these openLC demo areas should have been added.

Q1: Did the installer wrapper fail? NOTE: I did have to install .NET Framework before FTX Central v1 would work, and I recall that I had to click FINISH on the wrapper whilst there was still a installation dialog which seemed to have frozen. I have already posted on the issue of NOT being able to run the new FTXC v2 under XP to Ed & Bob and have received a vague instruction on ignoring and cancelling its installer.

Q2: Do I have to manually install the demo openLC Scenery Library entries fro within FSX by pointing to these three PLC folders ensuring they are placed in the required order as per the mauual, which states...

IMPORTANT: You must always place the ORBX!OPENLC_BASE folder below all other ORBX!OPENLC* folders in

the scenery library, otherwise the fixes to SE Asia, Greece, Spain etc will not work correctly.

Q3: Just how old are these prodcut versions I purchaed from FlightStore and send me on these 6 DVDs? I am still yet to install Global VECTOR and AUSP4.

Q4: Why does the ORBX Products Report show these openLC demos installed if this is obviously NOT the case?

Please see attached snapshots.

post-46222-0-13563900-1434887278_thumb.j

post-46222-0-78133800-1434887281_thumb.j

post-46222-0-63797000-1434887284_thumb.j

Answer 1.  You may well have cancelled the installation while it was still working and as

you are running an operating system that does not support Micrososft .net Framework 4.5,

it may not be possible to do any other.

The "vague" instruction clearly stated that the FTX Central V2 installer will start automatically

but cannot proceed without .net framework 4.5 and can be cancelled.

Answer 2.  Yes, it would appear so.

Answer 3.  They must be the current versions available when the DVDs were created.

Answer 4.  Please refer to answers 1 and 2.

Archived