Global freeware Airports pack 22 - CFG3 & 60J - trees fences & flags

Hi guys,

Thankyou for yet another fine set of airstrips for pack 22 and the fixes for previous, although I had already implemented those from their support topics. I am enjoying these new ones very much.

I have a small problem with: the surrounding Trees masking objects, hiding or causing z-ordering issues, I have no idea whether this is a "Trees HD" problem or an issue within my own setup, so I was wondering if a member or the Devs could check to see if they have the issues described below.

CFG3 - Consort, where a row of trees within the boundary fencing are being confused with fences & weather station causing them to appear floating, with distant clouds being shown onfront of these trees.

60J - Odell Williamson Muni, where the flag and flag pole are being masked by the tree grouping on the other side of the access road and small grassed area. The flag displays clearly at some angles and vanishes completely or melts into the trees behind when viewed from directly infront.

239fcc0b41531fc7985c64d2618094c9.jpg

234bfddee9c09d081c484719bd6fa8c1.jpg

4c84c10edeb420d53ebb187ad36570a6.jpg

3c97f3638c99909a3e1f9d796f727bd6.jpg

4c632f720aafbc94a50fe5a63a7fc816.jpg

bf8a2740540311e3b9c3fb5cb73cd97f.jpg

0e4997cf452e523cd7938d377d1a4e17.jpg

b90178806077dc7ef3a55f10b1513be6.jpg

16bdcafd93c42f14ea2cab4e0784613a.jpg

Hi Jeff,

It's not your setup, The fence is an issue with FSX and nothing we can do about that, the flag pole at 60J however can be replaced with one that doesn't disappear into the trees.  Unzip this file and replace the file of the same name in the FTX_FTXG_AIRPORTS/Scenery folder.

Cheers, Neil

FTX_FTXG_60J_objects.zip

Thankyou Neil, the new flag and pole work much better, no more shy flag hiding in the trees.

Bit of a shame about that one fence @ CFGC - Consort though, but I fully understand FSX sometimes can have its odd quirks. Thankyou team global and Crew-chief Neil, keep up the great work.

Thankyou Larry,  Consort is a charming little strip, I like the avenue leading off the runway it gives it a hideaway feel. 

Since TreesHD users have the ability to select the standard variants, I also tested using "Use Orbx Trees" checked alone, and "TreesHD" unchecked in FTXCv2, also tried other seasonal changes no change unfortunately. This one fence is still visible only for these trees using this option, but the clouds mixing between the foliage of this row of trees is a slightly more obvious than the fence.

It would be great if you could find an alternative tree type that are similar to replace these particular ones.

It is the first time I have seen this phenomenon in FSX:MS  using DX9. Stranger still that I have not seen this type of conflict at other places where this tree is used, although I can't remember specifically which AP scenery I saw them behaving properly with fences and clouds, I believe its just these trees making background objects pop into the foreground.

Hi Jeff,

It's not your setup, The fence is an issue with FSX and nothing we can do about that, the flag pole at 60J however can be replaced with one that doesn't disappear into the trees.  Unzip this file and replace the file of the same name in the FTX_FTXG_AIRPORTS/Scenery folder.

Cheers, Neil

Hi,

I noticed that the flag at KANJ Sault Ste Marie Municipal Airport/Sanderson Field appears invisible too. Is there another file which replaces the flag pole at KANJ with one that doesn't disappear?

Many greetings,

Archived