Orbx England Scenery Issue - Help

Agord621

I have just recently purchased Orbx England and just today got round to installing it.

However, after launching flight simulator and going to my favourite airport at Shoreham I am faced with an odd graphical issue, by which all of the surrounding area has turned to water...

And not only that - but my clouds have turned to odd shapes as well. I should also say I have REX installed.

I know its Orbx since when I revert to the default scenery there is no issue with the ground or the clouds..

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

See screenshot below...

Optimized-FSX%20Orbx%20Issue.jpg

Agord621  ;D

Hi Have you installed the latest libs and have you set FTX Central to Europe. Derek.

Hi Derek,

Not sure what you mean about the latest libraries? I wasn't aware there was any...

And as for FSX Central - yes I've set it to Europe.

Agord621

Hi Derek,

Not sure what you mean about the latest libraries? I wasn't aware there was any...

And as for FSX Central - yes I've set it to Europe.

Agord621

Standard procedure, when installing a new Orbx product, is to add the libs last to ensure everything is up to date.

Available here:

https://www.fullterrain.com/support#orbxlibs

Update:

I have installed the latest libs/patches etc and the issue is better...but not fixed.

I have re-installed orbx, re-installed FSX but to no avail. I'm wondering if it is REX interfering, I will revert to default FSX textures and report back.

For now - here's the updated screenshot.

Optimized-FSX%20Orbx%20Issue%203.jpg

Any further suggestions in the meantime would be greatly appreciated.

Agord621  ;D

Did you install other non-Orbx sceneries which might be in priority conflict with the Orbx FTX England sceneries? Have a look into your FSX scenery library.

If You install FTX Central Version 2 it is easy to have a complete overview, go to

Settings -> Tools -> Library Insertion Points

Wulf

Did you install other non-Orbx sceneries which might be in priority conflict with the Orbx FTX England sceneries? Have a look into your FSX scenery library.

If You install FTX Central Version 2 it is easy to have a complete overview, go to

Settings -> Tools -> Library Insertion Points

Wulf

Hi Wulf,

Orbx is the only scenery package I have installed so I don't believe there are any conflicts as such. I'm in the process of un-installing everything completely and installing everything one-by-one to see if I can find where the issue is coming from...

Agord621

Follow up - when I was in the process of clearing all files and re-installing FSX from scratch I suddenly remembered I had not installed SP1 + SP2 for FSX...

So after installing the service pack and re-installing Orbx etc it works a treat!

One thing I will say though is that even after installing the Orbx libs my FTX Central won't update to V2...but it did when I had the previous graphical issue  ???

Anyway - as long as the software works and FTX Central V1 has the same functionality as V2 then I'm happy.

Agord621  ;D

Archived